What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uniform categories.

2»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    All of us want it..

None of us are getting it.

These things have been on the wish list for years and Cryptic has simply ignored it. I hope that policy changes, but I don't think it will. They just don't seem to see stuff like this as a priority even though they know how popular cosmetic items are.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    r0m#7631 wrote: »
    No thanks, I'd rather not have players run around in a bikini everywhere...

I also have the feeling it would become a zoo quite fast...

Both the Federation and the Empire have dress codes that needs to be followed by every officer, you guys are no exception.

Now, dismissed!

Starfleet is a stickler for uniform though between TNG, DS9, and Voyager they apparently have a very wide range of customizations as just about every posting has a different set of uniforms. The Romulan empire also seems rather anal about uniforms but the Romulan Republic forces seem to wear whatever they want as long as it covers about the same areas as the supposedly standard one. The Klingons apparently do not bother even trying to specify one, people from the same ship would often wear completely different clothing and armor even in the show.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Some of the racial restriction stuff, could be opened slightly. Orion costume parts, Nausicaan costume parts, Ferasan body parts, or Gorn body parts for example, maybe open to KDF Alien characters. Possibly allow the Nausicaan armor parts to the other KDF races as well. Caitian bits, open to Starfleet Alien characters.

I'm very much in favor of this. The KDF by default has less to work with and yet they have a large reservoir of costume parts spread across their species. These aren't premium options (such that opening them up could remove incentives for paid content) and the standard FED options demonstrate that exclusive clothing options aren't necessary to create compelling playable species (body, traits, and background are enough). Plus it would fit the narrative of an empire that through conquest and politics is becoming more integrative (foreshadowing their eventual partnership with the Alliance.)
    Unrestricting would ADD incentives to buy paid content, because people would find more use for them. Like, I'd totally buy caitian if it would unlock a tail for my custom aliens.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    IMO, the entire Tailoring system needs an overhaul. With the different races allowed between factions, diplomacy, embassy, etc. boffs, there are inconsistencies everywhere when it comes to clothing options and color palettes are all over the place. Several right/left hand/shoulder attachments use 2 different palettes. Boffs purchased from the Embassy, Diplomacy vendor, etc. are only allowed to use partial faction costume options and those same boffs purchased from the opposite faction might not have any options at all other than their original faction apparel.

More races have been added recently, as have new color palettes for the new costumes. This, in turn, is going to make things even harder to get standardized when or if Cryptic ever decides to give this part of the game some much needed updating.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    This, in turn, is going to make things even harder to get standardized when or if Cryptic ever decides to give this part of the game some much needed updating.

That's why it will be the given standard ignore for all eternity and swept under the carpet solution we've seen so many times before.

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Costumes are confusing.

Careful, Cryptic thought the Star Clusters were confusing, so they removed then from the game...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Costumes are confusing.

Careful, Cryptic thought the Star Clusters were confusing, so they removed then from the game...

Instead of where is Sulu.. Where are the tailor options...

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, given some of the stuff you can already do (like Terran shorts + any of the 'Off Duty - Bare Chest' legal swim tops; or Exo III strap top & old-style Romulan metallic micro-skirt; or Seven of Nine catsuit in bright colors + Herald Thrall torso strap; or just the latex Clubwear in general; or....), the "but ESD would lose it's Professional Atmosphere!" isn't a terribly strong argument anymore.

Disclaimer: why no, I don't have those outfits on some my characters, why do you ask? o:)>:)
  • bartlett24bartlett24 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Yes yes yes!!! I love to make my characters as unique as possible and removing outfit restrictions would be a huge help in this. Also, the issue of consistent color choices has long be a hang up for me and I completely support that idea as well. (Use the Tzenkethi/Discovery color choices as the standard, imo)
  • rohnarohna Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    gorn and Jem'Hadar running around a battlezone in a yeoow or pink string Bikini
    That's exactly what I want to see.

edited June 2018
    One of the other main things i wish they would address is the male model. Right now.. this is all I see with it.

2d0zgq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Just doesn't seem right. Super man chest, ckicken little legs. No matter what you do.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, given some of the stuff you can already do (like Terran shorts + any of the 'Off Duty - Bare Chest' legal swim tops; or Exo III strap top & old-style Romulan metallic micro-skirt; or Seven of Nine catsuit in bright colors + Herald Thrall torso strap; or just the latex Clubwear in general; or....), the "but ESD would lose it's Professional Atmosphere!" isn't a terribly strong argument anymore.

Disclaimer: why no, I don't have those outfits on some my characters, why do you ask? o:)>:)
    ESD has never had any "professional atmosphere."