test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't my KDF fleet join an armada

zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
My KDF fleet's name is tam Suvwl' (yes WITH the apostrophe)
When another fleet tries to invite us into their armada they get a message "Armada Error: This fleet does not exist."
my Auto-decline Armada invites box is NOT checked

Why is this happening? I tried to submit a ticket but your link is broken. I am hoping to get some help from Cryptic on this and don't know where else to go.
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It probably does not like the apostrophe at the end.

But I do not believe the word would be "warriors" without it, though.
    Maybe find a different word (like soldiers???) for your fleet name?

OR I think in Klingon.... Quiet Warriors would be the other way around, right? So your fleet name could be: SuvwI' tam
    Because tam describes the subject SuvwI' ???? I been skipping my Klingon classes and things are getting fuzzy. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It probably does not like the apostrophe at the end.

But I do not believe the word would be "warriors" without it, though.
    Maybe find a different word (like soldiers???) for your fleet name?

OR I think in Klingon.... Quiet Warriors would be the other way around, right? So your fleet name could be: SuvwI' tam
    Because tam describes the subject SuvwI' ???? I been skipping my Klingon classes and things are getting fuzzy. LOL!

The fleet has been here for over 4 years. I'm trying to make it active again. Too much work and resources in it to scratch it and start a new one. Why can't Cryptic do a little code work and allow standard Klingon characters?

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    if u think it's because of your fleet Name - just rename it. Get invite - rename again.

PSY
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    if u think it's because of your fleet Name - just rename it. Get invite - rename again.

PSY
    Good idea. Will give it a try