test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Didn't get the award for developing specializations...

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
edited June 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I spent two spec points in Commando this morning, but the reward for the first spec point did not become available in the Gamma recruit UI. Commando is clearly listed as a valid choice. I assumed it was a bug so already filed a ticket.
However, has anyone else had this issue or know of a workaround?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    The same, only with Temporal Op. I waited for it to show up in one of the hotfixes, but it didn't.

Are you playing the regular or the Vanguard JH? (Vanguard here) The latter have 15 more spec points pre-filled, might be related to that...
  • Options
    @badmoonrisin, I just realized (I should have known) this has been reported multiple times in the Gamma recruit thread you consolidated. I should have looked harder. If you would like to add this there, feel free.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Did not register for me either in temporal or in commando.
    edit: Am playing a Jem Vanguard character
  • Options
    dearghargildearghargil Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I thought that that reward was for spending the first spec point earned after reaching level 65, which I have not done yet. Anyone hit 65 then earned a spec point and spent it care to let us know.
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The rewards start to unlock after you spend 15 points. It then starts counting points spent after that, apparently because Vanguards start at -15 points. There's so much stuff broken with Vanguards and the Gamma Recruit event I wonder what, if any, quality control they have at Cryptic these days.
  • Options
    > @koppster said:
    > The rewards start to unlock after you spend 15 points. It then starts counting points spent after that, apparently because Vanguards start at -15 points. There's so much stuff broken with Vanguards and the Gamma Recruit event I wonder what, if any, quality control they have at Cryptic these days.

So the reward is given with the first point after 15, so 16? That's confusing.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I've been seeing this on my Fed-affiliated Jem'Hadar Vanguard also.

With no patches on Monday, Tuesday, or today, I'm imagining that there will be a hefty one before the item upgrade event kicks off tomorrow.
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    djf021 wrote: »
    > @koppster said:
    > The rewards start to unlock after you spend 15 points. It then starts counting points spent after that, apparently because Vanguards start at -15 points. There's so much stuff broken with Vanguards and the Gamma Recruit event I wonder what, if any, quality control they have at Cryptic these days.

So the reward is given with the first point after 15, so 16? That's confusing.

Yeah, from point 16 onwards you start getting credit for the Gamma Recruit spec completion counts.

Hopefully the fix will be retroactive and we'll get credit for the previously spent 15 points.