test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIL] Gamma Recruits and Gamma Recruitment Event - Discussion

Comments

• grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ive spent into the commando tree and i even spent one in the pilot tree to see what'd happen, no luck on either
    Just tried Boldly they rode on my Jemmhadar, its borked. At the end when u transport back onto ds9 and talk to everyone i did some kind of double transport. Beamed in then just as the animation was ending i beamed again. No matter what ive tried i cant get back to the end of boldly they rode...
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Alright, after some testing. I've discovered the Red Alerts do not count as queues for the reward. I've done thing by doing 25+ queues, the majority being RA's. Still testing, but since I have the queue and adv queue reward from doing a CCA. I'm guessing anything other than RA's and the Gamma BZ count as a queue.

Those that do not have a cooldown, i.e. Romulan Mine Field and Swarm, may not count either.
    Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    That t5 to t6 grind for the ships is completely ridiculous.

It's seriously a job. I haven't even played the Dreadnought yet because I spent a week leveling my Carrier.

I know grinding equals profit, but maybe you could tone it down a bit.

Or half.
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Also, my sponsorship tokens don't seem to work on my Jem Hadaar. I really need that to work.
    Just confirmed, as I got the 25 queue reward. RA's, Rom Mine Field, the Swarm, and the Gamma Bz ones do not count for the queue reward. Everything else however does.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Just confirmed, as I got the 25 queue reward. RA's, Rom Mine Field, the Swarm, and the Gamma Bz ones do not count for the queue reward. Everything else however does.
    That is inconsistent with my experience. Besides three ISAs and CCAs all I've done are RAs and I've managed to get the 25 queue unlock.
    fftt wrote: »
    That is inconsistent with my experience. Besides three ISAs and CCAs all I've done are RAs and I've managed to get the 25 queue unlock.
    fftt wrote: »

I was doing all the RA's, Rom Mine Field, and the The Swarm before hand. I did 10 yesterday. I had 15ish done early today. I just topped out at about 38ish a few hours ago. I tracked this by keeping the R&D boxes in my invent. And from what I saw when mentioning ti, for those that are having trouble getting it, in zone. I got the reply that only the Borg RA worked for another group on a fresh clean queue character.

I got the 25 when I stopped doing RA's, Rom Mine Field, and The Swarm, and focused on CCA, ISA, KSA, Counterpoint, Borg Disconnected, and a few other random older queues in there.

So on this, it seems some work, and some don't. So it's not 100% bugged out. Just have to keep at it and not rely sololy on the quick easy ones.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    My kdf toon got 5 FED RLS's as the reward for completeing the lvl 5 r&d... probably got fed commons as well for lvl 1 but i deleted them, or contributed them to the fleet holdings...
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    The red alert thing has to be a bug. The first queue I did was a red alert, and it counted. 30 R + D boxes later, the 25 queue prize is still locked. The red alerts are listed in the window for selecting queues, and if some queues don't count toward the prizes, they really should've told us that at the start. I would not have done this many red alerts if I knew they didn't count.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    What is a Gamma Recruit? I just spent 2000 Zen for a JDH Vanguard at Level 60 is this not the Gamma recruit? Also I don't understand how to open up the Admiralty Slot When you reach lvl 10 in There (3) Campaigns as a Gamma Recruit. I did the 3 Campaigns but was already Level 60. please help.
    A Gamma Recruit is basically what any new Jemhadar character is right now. You look at the widget in yr inventory and it shows you what mile stones you need to reach to get what reward that you claim through the same widget. As far as the admiralty thing you asked about its like a different duty officer system but it uses ships you have in the place of duty officers to do admiralty missions. Each mission is worth x xp and that xp levels you up through federation, klingong, romulan and ferengi faction levels. You may only gain x xp pr day pr faction in the admiralty system so you arent level 10 in any of them yet if you just made the character.
  • siollefulsiolleful Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    What ones unlock account rewards? I cant see a list anywhere.(i might be blind)

Is there a lvl requirement to claim account rewards if there is any?
    siolleful wrote: »
    What ones unlock account rewards? I cant see a list anywhere.(i might be blind)

Is there a lvl requirement to claim account rewards if there is any?

Well when you have the device as a Jem'hadar, you double click it in your inventory and complete the objectives there that popup. Once one of those is complete. There are NPC on ESD, First City, and Qo'nos you go to with other characters to claim rewards for any of you other characters that are over level 20. And unless they changed it up a bit, everything you do as a Gamma Recruit in that device, should give a reward to your other characters.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    grayfreth wrote: »
    A Gamma Recruit is basically what any new Jemhadar character is right now. You look at the widget in yr inventory and it shows you what mile stones you need to reach to get what reward that you claim through the same widget. As far as the admiralty thing you asked about its like a different duty officer system but it uses ships you have in the place of duty officers to do admiralty missions. Each mission is worth x xp and that xp levels you up through federation, klingong, romulan and ferengi faction levels. You may only gain x xp pr day pr faction in the admiralty system so you arent level 10 in any of them yet if you just made the character.

Thanks grayfreth that brought back my memory on that
    edited June 2018
    Dont bother collecting the Salvage account wide reward on your other characters. You get stuff on your unlocking toon but you other characters who claim it get zero, nothing. Apparently thats broken too right now. The other account unlock rewards seem to be working so long as ive unlocked them thus far.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Dont bother collecting the Salvage account wide reward on your other characters. You get stuff on your unlocking toon but you other characters who claim it get zero, nothing. Apparently thats broken too right now. The other account unlock rewards seem to be working so long as ive unlocked them thus far.

What are the other unlocks? Are there any account wide unlocks for the ftp gammas or just the vanguards? The wiki and announcement pages are sorely lacking in details.

If you have the widget for gamma recruit id imagine the unlocks are account wide. I havent seen anything that i remember saying the unlocks are behind any pay walls. The stuff you unlock for other toons is kinda generic, fleet marks or choice of marks, R&D materials etc. You have to unlock each achievement on your jemhadar, collect the reward for it and only then can you get the account wide unlock on your other toons of at least lvl 20, you collect them from the temporal agent on ESD and other places.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've heard sponsorship tokens are not working for Jem characters, and I think I know why. This morning I checked every single reputation, and none of them have the "Claim sponsorship token" project available under the special projects tab EXCEPT Gamma. If one or two were missed, I would think bug. But ONLY the Gamma having the option? I'm thinking they want a character to complete the Gamma reputation to tier 5 before allowing sponsorship for other reps.
    I can't think of any other reason the sponsorship project would be available for only the Gamma rep. Anyone have any other thoughts on this?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    djf021 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I've heard sponsorship tokens are not working for Jem characters, and I think I know why. This morning I checked every single reputation, and none of them have the "Claim sponsorship token" project available under the special projects tab EXCEPT Gamma. If one or two were missed, I would think bug. But ONLY the Gamma having the option? I'm thinking they want a character to complete the Gamma reputation to tier 5 before allowing sponsorship for other reps.
    I can't think of any other reason the sponsorship project would be available for only the Gamma rep. Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Because Jem'Hadar are by default already sponsored. Check the unfinished Reputations and you'll see that you will earn 5000XP per Daily as opposed to the unsponsored 2500XP.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Because Jem'Hadar are by default already sponsored. Check the unfinished Reputations and you'll see that you will earn 5000XP per Daily as opposed to the unsponsored 2500XP.

Nice to know. Even though I was able to use sponsorship tokens on my Jem.

Secondly, before I bug report this. Has anyone else noticed the Counter-Command daily box giving Polaron Beeam Arrays? It's happened a couple days in a row now. As i'm only running this project on my Jem, I can't verify on other characters that have completed the rep.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    I havent noticed that but I have noticed the Account Wide Salvage reward claim isnt doing anything. When you claim it on other toons on your account, you dont get anything. The only one who gets anything is the Jem character who unlocked it even though its claimable account wide. Think its either the thing you get for upgrading an item to XV or its the one you get for modifying a XV item.
    I havent noticed that but I have noticed the Account Wide Salvage reward claim isnt doing anything. When you claim it on other toons on your account, you dont get anything. The only one who gets anything is the Jem character who unlocked it even though its claimable account wide. Think its either the thing you get for upgrading an item to XV or its the one you get for modifying a XV item.

Not that salvage is hard to come by. I got near 50K on my main, most of it, I stood at a vendor and bought white Mk IX gear for 4K ec and salvaged.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

:o I never would have noticed that. Thanks for that info, I can now use these sponsorship tokens for other characters.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
    Its not that salvage is at all hard to come by, its that something isnt working. I dont have any idea what other characters on your account are supposed to get for the salvage unlock, it might be 10 marks of your choice, who knows. Point is, its not doing anything when it clearly is meant to.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Its not that salvage is at all hard to come by, its that something isnt working. I dont have any idea what other characters on your account are supposed to get for the salvage unlock, it might be 10 marks of your choice, who knows. Point is, its not doing anything when it clearly is meant to.

If i saw correctly it should be some bonus to getting salvage… and not the actuall salvage - just the bonus pool - like for XP... I think.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > Alright, after some testing. I've discovered the Red Alerts do not count as queues for the reward. I've done thing by doing 25+ queues, the majority being RA's. Still testing, but since I have the queue and adv queue reward from doing a CCA. I'm guessing anything other than RA's and the Gamma BZ count as a queue.
    >
    > Those that do not have a cooldown, i.e. Romulan Mine Field and Swarm, may not count either.

Just do the Advanced Crystalline Que once and its done.
    Yah I stand corrected. The salvage account wide reward is working. It slips a salvage bonus of 100k into your bar at the top of the screen hehe
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    I made a second gamma recruit this time science and all the rep and specilzation is the same as my tactical gamma recruit, is this just the standard for all three careers or is it a bug as my understanding was that each career would have different rep unlocks to go with there specific career?
This discussion has been closed.