test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't complete a mission

djfivethousanddjfivethousand Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hello,

I'm playing this game for years now and for me it's a way to Live a little bit in this Trek universe, which I love so much. Especially as a disabled person, it's like an escape from limitful life..
But now, I'm stuck in mission "run deep" (Havas-Kul) because I can't press 2 keys on the keboard, at the same time. I can't walk/run and jump. Ironically, I can't do that in real life, never could walk, which makes this message maybe partly and unintentionally humorous.
And as much as I enjoy dark humor in my life, It does pain me to think I'll have to give up this episode here, in the trek universe which suppose to be the one place in which I can do everything.
Can you, game coders, help me with your "magic" please?

I'm sorry to write it here, I didn't know where to send it.

Yours,
Guy
Tagged:

Comments

• praetorniralpraetorniral Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yes it's supposed to be Star Trek not Mission Impossible.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    As a disabled person myself (I can move, but my mild disability and an old comp combination doesn't help here) I agree regarding this mission - my Jemm'Hadar is still stuck there ("run deep" part on the sixth Jemm'Hadar's quest Tenebris) as well, and there is no option to ease the jumping stage/skip it if failed multiple time, and this while this mission seems like a serious blocker for Jemm'Hadar (and can not be skipped)

Please allow us some option to continue. It's the only quest up to now I totally couldn't and many times quest have help for those who fail them alot - this one seemingly doesn't.

Note that in this state we can't even safely go to NR and play there from the NR line (even if able to get the 1st quest), can't play "normally" in dyson or delta even if can arrive there by transwarp, let alone doing any previous or "current" line quest or play featured episodes.

P.S.
    I hope at least they could help you, the OP, somehow. You deserve it. It's important for me but looks like for you it's much more than that. And sorry for not finding the right words too.

I also think even if there is no global solution planned at all, djfivethousand should ideally receive a way to continue and even hopefully do the mission by an individual consideration, also along with others whom their request is much more justified than mine.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    You can hold down your mouse buttons to keep running. And then push spacebar with your other hand. or you could hold down mouse buttons and hit the spacebar with a pencil in your mouth or even your toe. I am not trying to be funny, just trying to make suggestions. I hope you are able to complete the mission, because it is a enjoyable one. :)
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I discovered I was newly able to skip it but only realized that after done the featured episode quest "Home". I don't know if it happened since the patch or only after that FE was done. Thank you BTW for allowing to skip and allowing a play of a FE :)

Skipping it after doing the featured episode, opened other tabs but I have now an issue which is already reported by others so it will hopefully be fixed soon. BTW Jemm'Haddars can also claim a small prize box for doing the current FE - claimable on their transponder.

Either way it's OK for me since I was able to access New Romulus and Delta line normal questing since that skip so it's not that bad :)

UPDATE: Unsure the skip was a good idea, there could be an issue so maybe one would better wait before trying what I did.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on