test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important VIL Notes:

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
If you logged out yesterday in the Old DS9, you will still be in that map today. Beam up to your ship and back to get there.

If you've purchased either Gamma Pack, you have to go to the C-store and claim it before you can create a Jem'Hadar Vanguard character.

Comments

• Options
    borgslayer79borgslayer79 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I pre-ordered the vanguard pack from the ARC website. Will that pack be there to claim if I am using Steam as the starting engine?
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    If you logged out yesterday in the Old DS9, you will still be in that map today. Beam up to your ship and back to get there.

If you've purchased either Gamma Pack, you have to go to the C-store and claim it before you can create a Jem'Hadar Vanguard character.

I wonder how many players will "hold-out" by not leaving the old DS9 version & for how long?
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    What ya gonna do with the old DS9 map, now? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    OMG I do not like the new DS9 it is crowed look like a somkey bar,very blury.
  • Options
    richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    My Son'a is still in the old one, I kinda want to see how long he can stay there now lol
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    - Ship Selector on New DS9 is single player use only. You might have to 'wait',
    - Jem'Hadar cannot claim sponsorship tokens from the older reputations.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    The Dyson Sphere's aren't accessible to Jem'Hadar as we're not eligible for the missions involved, so can't do the Voth or Delta quadrant battlezones so we can't do those reputation trees either :neutral:
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The Dyson Sphere's aren't accessible to Jem'Hadar as we're not eligible for the missions involved, so can't do the Voth or Delta quadrant battlezones so we can't do those reputation trees either :neutral:

What about after completing all the new missions and thereby unlocking the old missions?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Is that a thing? I didn't think Jem'Hadar were getting the old missions?
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

yes, you finish the new quest line you unlock old ones.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Cryptic I applaud your efforts for a more authentic DS9 & you did very well.

However, since it is less spacious than the old DS9 rendering, at least by my perspective, what you need to do it input a algorithmic code that applies a balancing calculation to each map of DS9. Of course if not done already. The more players that are on a map the less non-essential npcs crowding-up the place. This would allow automatic adjustments constantly to DS9, or any map really, where maneuvering space is at a premium & during rush-hour versus more deserted times.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Or have the Hurq sweep through the station once an hour and kill all non-interactable NPCs. ;)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    And apparently you can't skip ANY of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Which is really annoying when you find ones you can't get into.

Hopefully there'll be some kind of fix for this on thursday.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    nightken wrote: »
    And apparently you can't skip ANY of them.

I just skipped Mine Enemy all the way up to Cold Comfort through the Journal and the Available tab, except for Lost and Found, which is one of those never-skippable types of mission. I also managed to look ahead and skip Sunrise and Sphere of Influence, just for giggles, but it looks like you can't skip beyond Sunrise, even though they said that would be able to. Escalation, which begins the Delta Arc, and Report on Borg Activities, which begins the Borg arc, are also never-skippable types, so I won't know until I get there. Looks like the only odd duck in that row so far is Cold Comfort, and then everything past Sunrise.

Edited: I've gone through more missions now and my Klingon-allied Jem'Hadar could skip most things. He couldn't skip Lost and Found, Cold Comfort, Report on Borg Activities, Circles Within Circles, Supply Woes, Surface Tension, Escalation, Kobali Front, or anything in Yesterday's War. I'm ready to assume that he also won't be able to skip any part of the Kobali Crisis. Most of that isn't surprising, only Cold Comfort, Circles Within Circles and Supply Woes had me a bit puzzled, but Cold Comfort is non-combat (unless you're a Temporal Agent who gets an ambush in there from your special task) and the others do unlock specific tasks in the Solanae Sphere. I wish that the Kobali Crisis wrappers would just be removed, and the missions themselves put in the journal so that they could be skipped, but the way that it is, I fully expect those to be as unskippable as they are for any other character. It would also be nice if Yesterday's War and Stormbound (and likely most of everything after it) were made skippable, too, just for consistency.

It's also possible that new Romulus Aid isn't skippable, but I didn't try, since I wanted to get those cutscenes out of the way, and work my way through the New Romulus arc for reputation reasons. Everything beyond New Romulus Aid is definitely skippable in that arc.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Has anyone else come across an issue where missions are missing after you unlock the ability to go through the older missions?
    On my Fed-allied Jem'Hadar I can't even select 'Beyond the Nexus' or 'Melting Pot' instead in the episode list it goes straight from 'Brushfire' to 'Scylla and Charybdis'.
    Also my Jem'Hadar is unable to get either a Captain's Yacht or a Veteran Ship so will dominion versions of those be released or are we supposed to get the Federation/KDF versions?
    Post edited by matthewfelix on