test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Coffer System

I was thinking about this at some length, especially for really small fleets, or those with very few active players in their ranks, to help them get their fleet holdings leveled up...

I know that the coffers are a help to those working on the Colony fleet holding, but what about the other holdings getting fleet-wide coffers? Let me give a few examples.

Dilithium Mine - generates dilithium for use with all fleet holding projects
Starbase - generates fleet marks and energy credits for use with all fleet holding projects
Embassy - generates Duty Officers for use with all fleet holding projects

This idea was born out of having one character in a fleet where there are very few active players, and I wanted to explore the possibility of being able to level the holdings up and not make it feel like an absolute impossibility to accomplish.
Lifetime Subscriber since 2010

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    Well... there have been elements introduced with various holdings that help lighten the load, like with the Mine and the Dilithium Discount. With people being less likely to invest hard earned DL into holdings in smaller fleets... its an interesting idea. However on the flip side it might impact the DL Exchange in a negative way.

If they were to integrate a coffer system like that, it would have to have some kind of limiter. For example we can get Fleet Dilithium Vouchers that can ONLY be used on Fleet Projects.

While Fleets are supposed to be a social thing, I can understand some of the concern you're bringing up. My fleet also has a KDF fleet, but since we main Fed, our KDF fleet gets neglected. Something like this could help build up the holdings for sure. But as I said there has to be some means of balancing it out with everything else in the game.

Energy Credits aren't as much of a problem, and making the Starbase generate Fleet Marks would draw people away from doing things like Fleet Alert for marks.

SO... interesting idea, but needs some refining. I could get behind a coffer system that helps smaller fleets, but it has to be done right in order to not have a negative impact on other areas of the game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware the coffer generated anything, it was my impression that it just held stuff as thats what coffers do.

The Colony Coffer does generate the commodities needed for the Colony holding after a certain point of Colony progress, thus removing the requirement of having to collect them yourself. HOWEVER it does reward you for adding to it, as well as having a stockpile that you can dump into projects. However... you are NOT rewarded for using Coffer stored commodities in projects.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    At first I thought this was about a Fleet Coffee System and I was hoping they had Fleet Bagels as well.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    well small ammounts of fleet only dilithium in mine wouldnt be all that bad... but doubt they will change that now.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Crit on the DOFF assignments at the Dilithium mine, K-13 or Research lab....will net you 6 Fleet Provisions for that holding. You can run those every day.

Always finish that Dilithium Mine first for the Dilithium Discount.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Coffers do not create anything for fleets. The various upgrades such as Colony Morale XP, Colony Infrastructure XP and Colony Renewable Energy unlocks "automated collection" depending on each tier project completion. These collections get put automatically in coffers.

The coffer is just a storage that you can use to keep resources until needed.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Colony_World​​
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Perhaps I ought to rephrase some of my original idea...

Like the colony "automated collection", have like the Dilithium mine do some "automatic collection" for fleet-only dilithium. The Fleet Starbase would have an "automatic collection" for fleet only energy credits, and perhaps for different DOFF departments - ie red for tactical, yellow for engineering, blue for science. The Embassy could have for civilian DOFFs.

It'd be interesting to also include in the other holdings an automatic collection of each specific provision for that holding. Something like the Mine getting its own provisions, K-13, the embassy, the spire, the lab, all following suit.

Far as I know, the current limit on the coffer provisions on the colony is 250k, unless that has changed. Maybe go that high for the others for those provisions,

This is more-or-less me 'thinking out loud' on ways to help smaller, or in some cases, neglected fleets.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hopefully, though, the powers-that-be might decide to implement some of this.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... there have been elements introduced with various holdings that help lighten the load, like with the Mine and the Dilithium Discount. With people being less likely to invest hard earned DL into holdings in smaller fleets... its an interesting idea. However on the flip side it might impact the DL Exchange in a negative way.

If they were to integrate a coffer system like that, it would have to have some kind of limiter. For example we can get Fleet Dilithium Vouchers that can ONLY be used on Fleet Projects.

While Fleets are supposed to be a social thing, I can understand some of the concern you're bringing up. My fleet also has a KDF fleet, but since we main Fed, our KDF fleet gets neglected. Something like this could help build up the holdings for sure. But as I said there has to be some means of balancing it out with everything else in the game.

Energy Credits aren't as much of a problem, and making the Starbase generate Fleet Marks would draw people away from doing things like Fleet Alert for marks.

SO... interesting idea, but needs some refining. I could get behind a coffer system that helps smaller fleets, but it has to be done right in order to not have a negative impact on other areas of the game.

There's a way to fix that already. It just takes commitment, dedication, and discipline.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    How about no to all of that OP? A fleet that auto generates dil, marks and doffs? All of these things are easy to get.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.