test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs on xbox1

Camera angles all screwed up and cutscene out of place

Comments

• travler19travler19 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've been having a similar problem. The Cutscene Zoom acts all weird during "beam-ins" and during in-game cutscenes the game just shoots out into the ether and snaps back only to do it again. I've recorded footage on my Xbox Live account if anyone wants to look and see if they are experiencing it as well. The link is: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=socialtwistnav&activetab=main:mainTab4 and please reply on here if you agree.
  • coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    have same thing going on hope there will be maint. this week there was none last week due to holiday I think
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,805 Community Moderator
    can you guys be a bit more specific? simply saying bugs doesn't help. Are there specific missions that are acting up? Is it a specific objective within a mission? A specific area in the game? Specific toon? etc. Also, I cannot view the xbox profile page above as it will not take me to your profile but instead simply makes me sign in to mine. If you are able, try posting the footage up as an unlisted youtube video or something and dropping the link here, or putting it in a drop box of sorts, something with easy access. I don't care to help you guys and pass this up the chain, but I have to know what to give them as well.

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • jaetroi#8353 jaetroi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have also experienced the malfunction these guys are referring to and I hope me explanation helps a bit. THe Issue or Bug is that during random cutscenes the image will constantly zoom in and out until it leaves the map entirely either going into space or into another area that doesn't technically exist. I'm able to provide a few examples of where this happened to me.
    1) Hakeev's monologue at the end of Coliseum (the cutscene drifted into the mountain range and never focused back. (federation character)
    2) Also during The House Always Wins the discommendation of Torg (the cutscene go into the roof and out of the great hall and again as Worf exchanges his final words with Alexander
    3) Temer's sacrifice at the end or Turning Point (the cutscene again kept leaving the conference hall instead of focusing on the actions that Temer took)
    4) This also happened during the Cloak and Dagger cutscene where Empress Sela captures Virmek (in this case the camera got stuck halfway between the ships hull and open space.)
    5) The most recent was the cutscene just after the beginning of Mind Game during the interrogation by Sela and Hakeev.

Please be aware these are only a handful of the times this has happened but the common denominator is it's only during cutscenes and no cutscene is exempt sometime there's no problem other time what i described above. Also if it helps this didn't start happening until after 14.5 Release for Xbox One.
  • ravenofunity#4528 ravenofunity Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm having the same exact problem. I want to post a new topic about it in specific detail, but because I'm a new user, I can't make a post, which is frustrating to the people who do wish to post legitamate bugs and issues.

On to the bug though.....

This camera issue has been plaguing me ever since Renegade's Regret, and it happens throughout all the previous Episodes, for the begining of the Federation questline onwards, the begining of the Romulan Republic questlines onwards, and the begining of the Klingon empire questlines onwards. This is also affecting the TOS Starfleet questlines and onwards.

The camera seems to warp or move completely out of place in cutscenes, or during most cinimatics, sometimes moving completely off the map to where you just see the void of space. As I said, this has all been happening since Renegade's Regret came out and I've never had any previous issues beforehand.

I really hope this gets fixed SOON considering that Delta Recruits JUST came out and this bug could ruin the experience for a lot of new players coming to Star Trek Online or those players who haven't played in the other factions yet.