test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassian and Vanguard Set Bonus!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We've updated the Stats blog for the Cardassian and Vanguard ships of the Gamma Vanguard pack to include the Console Set Bonuses for each...but in case you didn't want to go back to the blog and read it, here they are:

Vanguard Console Set Bonuses
Equipping multiple Consoles from this set of starships will grant additional passive bonuses from the "Vanguard Superiority" item set.
2 Pieces: "Dissonance"
• +1% Shield Penetration per Ally within 10km (up to 5 max)
3 Pieces: "Anti-Flanking Maneuvers"
• When damaged on your rear arc, gain 5% Turn Rate and 5% Impulse Speed for 10 sec (stacks 3 times, triggers max once per 2 seconds)
4 Pieces: "Pledged to the Founders"
• +20% Maximum Hull Capacity
• Reduces Recharge on all Vanguard Starship Console Abilities by 60sec

Cardassian Intel Console Set Bonuses
Equipping multiple Consoles from this set of starships will grant additional passive bonuses from the "Reformation Reinforcements" item set.
2 Pieces: "Efficient Arrays"
• +5% Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons
• -10% Weapon Power Cost
3 Pieces: "Spiral Wave Expertise"
• +15% Disruptor Damage
• +15 Disruptor Damage Resistance Rating
• Reduces Recharge on all Cardassian Intel Starship Console Abilities by 60sec

Comments

• Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    HOLY TRIBBLE!!
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Those are good bonuses, especially the Cardie ones...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'll admit I have not bought the pack & had not really considered it, but those are some nice set bonuses!
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    From what I saw in a screen shot of the Mobile Torpedo Platform's stats its a 2 minute CD and lasts for 80 seconds which would allow you to have it out for 72% of the time barring its destruction. With the set bonus it lasts 80 seconds and has a CD of 60 seconds which means you can have it out all the time, barring its destruction.

This is likely to be the case with the Support Platform cluster as well.
  • Options
    Btw I say on the Platform that the Mobile Torpedo platform has Torpedo Spread III and Torpedo Salvo III.

Is Torpedo Salvo III a weaker, but shorter version of Torpedo High Yield III? Like how Evasive Burst is a shorter, but less CD version of Evasive Manvuers?
  • Options
    caanoscaanos Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I don't mind the two or 4 piece set bonus for the Vanguard ships, but the 3 piece bonus is very....lacking to say the least. Why would we need more speed and turn rate after being hit in the rear arc? The Carrier and Dread most likely will be beams, so improved Turn isn't THAT vital, and the Warship and Raider should have enough Turn to start with. Compare this bonus with the bonus from other 4-piece sets, especially the Command Platforms and the Flagship Technologies, Dogfighter, or even the Breen one. I personally think it needs to be changed.
  • Options
    > @caanos said:
    > I don't mind the two or 4 piece set bonus for the Vanguard ships, but the 3 piece bonus is very....lacking to say the least. Why would we need more speed and turn rate after being hit in the rear arc? The Carrier and Dread most likely will be beams, so improved Turn isn't THAT vital, and the Warship and Raider should have enough Turn to start with. Compare this bonus with the bonus from other 4-piece sets, especially the Command Platforms and the Flagship Technologies, Dogfighter, or even the Breen one. I personally think it needs to be changed.

The answer is right in the name, its to help deprive a raider of its flanking bonus damage, by getting them out of your rear arc. Its also useful for escaping a fight your losing.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    That's the sound of a lot of people rushing to buy the Vanguard pack.

gallery-1509457033-ezgif-4-4f69ef8398.gif?resize=768:*
  • Options
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @caanos said:
    > I don't mind the two or 4 piece set bonus for the Vanguard ships, but the 3 piece bonus is very....lacking to say the least. Why would we need more speed and turn rate after being hit in the rear arc? The Carrier and Dread most likely will be beams, so improved Turn isn't THAT vital, and the Warship and Raider should have enough Turn to start with. Compare this bonus with the bonus from other 4-piece sets, especially the Command Platforms and the Flagship Technologies, Dogfighter, or even the Breen one. I personally think it needs to be changed.

The answer is right in the name, its to help deprive a raider of its flanking bonus damage, by getting them out of your rear arc. Its also useful for escaping a fight your losing.

When have you EVER been shot in the rear arc and thought to yourself If only I had MORE turn, instead of more damage, etc. I could get out of this situation? The Carrier and Dread should only have to turn SLIGHTLY to put the opponent in broadside, and the Raider and Warship should already have enough turn to take the opponent out of the rear arc. I can't think of really any PVE ship that has the raider flanking bonus, and PVP is pretty much dead. It feels so arbitrary to be put on.

I can't think of a single situation where I would prefer to have this bonus over a Polaron version of the Cardassian 3-set bonus. It's just such a lackluster bonus compared to almost everything else we've seen. What about an upgrade to every console in the set, extra damage or something?
  • Options
    Its not just turn rate its speed.
  • Options
    > @reyan01 said:
    > I think some are missing the point here, with the three-piece bonus.
    >
    > From what we've seen of them thus far, what do we know of the Hurq and their tactics?
    > They favour grouping up behind you and attacking your aft.
    >
    > So in context.........

I understand the lore design around the bonus, but gameplay should come first. This is a set bonus that is only going to be really useful against maybe 10% of the enemies you face. That's not real encouraging. Look at the other 4-piece set bonuses at the 3 slot. Plus damage, upgrade to abilities, weapon power cost reduction, healing when a shield facing is down. We get turn rate and speed.

Look at the STO subreddit and you'll see the response to the Vanguard set bonuses are very meh.

Even the 2-piece isn't that great if the ally Vanguard ships, pets, or console ship don't count for it.
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    The Cardassian set is better than I expected.
    I look forward to picking up the pack tomorrow.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).