Install Arc

Mirror Universe Invasion! May 2018 - Discussion

123457»

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    valoreah wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    ...There is no way I am going waste time changing builds just to fly the mirror event to then have to change back to my normal builds....

You don't need to have a special build for the Mirror Universe queue. I certainly don't and have no issues with it on any of my Captains.
    None of my standard builds work on the PC due to the interrupt problem and doesn't seem worth while to change to something else just to run the mirror event and then have to change back every day. Due to how poor the mission is I would rather just skip it, in fact that's what I did this year after a handful of runs.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I am curious to know what build you're using that can cause interrupts to happen outwith combat as only thing I can think of is some sort of button mash macro that triggers a sequence.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I'm showing up to this conversation late. Sorry, but I haven't read the first seven pages. I just wanted to chime in with my thoughts, though. I think it should be a weekend event, not a two-three week event. I also think it should be account unlock. I made the mistake of doing this event with two characters this time, and I am thoroughly burned out from it. At the start, I was looking forward to it, and had fun at first, but I am ready to take a serious break from this event.
    The unlock is account based, this is the second MI thats had this.

For some reason cryptic puts it into the dilithium store instead of the more obvious event store.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I am curious to know what build you're using that can cause interrupts to happen outwith combat as only thing I can think of is some sort of button mash macro that triggers a sequence.
    My primary weapon for 9+ years has been mines with most of my tactical consoles, traits, skills, upgrades e.c.t being focused on those. Apart from the mirror event mines have never been a problem in any other game content. Typically what happens is I kill the mirror ships then in that short timeframe before new ships spawn 2/3rds though the closing the rifts the mines interrupt even if no enemy ships are nearby. 1 or 2 interrupts and then new ships spawn causing more interrupts.

There are work arounds like disabling them and switching them back on between every engagement but that just adds extra frustration to what is already a frustrating mission event. Loadouts should be a quick fix but those are broken for me. There are other work arounds but none of them seem worthwhile just to run the event, I would rather skip it.

Hmm, only ever used the nukara or tractor mines and have never had them cause a channel to stop. Longer CD and single weapon helps with that I guess.

Sounds like the problem for your setup lies less with the mines as it does with the game extending red alert status for way too long after the last enemy has died. The length of time is never consistent and if the weapon triggers its autofire off that rather than an actual target it's a problem that's coded into the foundations of the game.
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion is just sickening at this point.
    Look, I really, REALLY don't mind blowing up a bunch of mirror universe invaders, but could you do SOMETHING to make it feel less tedious to do? " At this point not even the great rewards for the event are worth the awful grind it entails. It is simply waaaay too time-consuming and dull. Breach is only slightly better and crystalline entity is really the only event that actually feels worthwhile.

And for the love of god, can you PLEASE add some variety? We had no crystalline entity event this year at all.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    yeswecant wrote: »
    Look, I really, REALLY don't mind blowing up a bunch of mirror universe invaders, but could you do SOMETHING to make it feel less tedious to do? " At this point not even the great rewards for the event are worth the awful grind it entails. It is simply waaaay too time-consuming and dull. Breach is only slightly better and crystalline entity is really the only event that actually feels worthwhile.
    That's because the reward is not in fact great at all. It loses readily in dil/minute to regular old CCA. And Admiralty is the real dil workhorse these days, the event rewards lose even worse to that.

The only reason to do these events is for the unique item.
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    That's because the reward is not in fact great at all. It loses readily in dil/minute to regular old CCA. And Admiralty is the real dil workhorse these days, the event rewards lose even worse to that.

Good point XD
    Which is all the more of a reason why I really like Crystalline entity events. Each run doesn't take long and doesn't need much commitment. Just park your boat 9km off the entity and start blasting.
  • 1 day short on my last project (the phaser torp) due to pc death mid way through. Daaaamn!

At least I've caught up with the rest though, and that I can just finish up the last project when it comes around again.
    Nope. Sorry. I'm not THAT mighty jingles.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Same here!.. i'm tired of those events, they are too long, maybe 10 times is enough?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    There's one other reason to do the event. Powering your pylon through the reputations via marks hoarding. 4-5 runs will give enough marks for a sponsored reputation to be capped to T5. If you have the stamina, you could harvest enough marks to finish off a toon fully before the event ends. That's what I did last summer. Took two unsponsored characters from T0 all the way to T5 for each reputation once they spent their 40 days in the gulag.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    There's one other reason to do the event. Powering your pylon through the reputations via marks hoarding. 4-5 runs will give enough marks for a sponsored reputation to be capped to T5. If you have the stamina, you could harvest enough marks to finish off a toon fully before the event ends. That's what I did last summer. Took two unsponsored characters from T0 all the way to T5 for each reputation once they spent their 40 days in the gulag.
    I haven't actually done the math because I couldn't care less, but I'd bet it's not time-efficient for that either (as compared to just getting your daily 55 from whatever's the fastest).

Only thing I've found MI to be time-efficient for is doing Admiralty and doffing while waiting the timer to run out, and it tends to be too long even for that.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    34783754_10214890690034131_6644289577706061824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=38ab711d73e2e56216135edc4a26eec0&oe=5BC04C00

I think it's too easy overall. Assuming the team is complete and everyone knows what to do. My personal record is 39 rifts. I use my Akira so I can maneuver around spawns and close the rifts before they can attack me. Sometimes I'll go under the spawn at 12 or 13 so I'm just out of range, then op up under them and close the rift. Then it's just a matter on turning around and shooting them down. By the way, I did this on Elite. So the elite setting isn't an excuse. Teamwork is key, and asymmetric warfare is your best friend. I have a pic, so you know it happened.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    This event is now over. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.