test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Toys & Features (of a different variety)

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
With each new season you're all guaranteed to get new story content, new weapons and kit, a new enemy to fight, new battle zones, a new lock box, new ships, and a new reputation system. Occasionally new abilities or specializations are added as are additions to the sector space map.

As great as that may be for many, it's nothing that we've not already seen in some fashion or other. Even the special events are recycled each year, but with revamped rewards. There's a lot that STO doesn't have though, and I'm here to ask you what you'd like to see added - specifically elements or features that we don't already have - so new factions or species or hair styles or ship types aren't quite applicable here. :smile:

That is all..
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,334 Community Moderator
    Player housing in the form of a revamped ship interior and the reintroduction of a revamped exploration system.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    An AI director, in effect the director would change the battle depending on how well you do
    (Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 have it and no two runs are ever the same)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
      Player housing in the form of a revamped ship interior

Me too on the +1, and they should also allow us to attach this holding / stronghold / The Sims to any ship we own. So if I get a new lockbox ship I can pick an option to "attach interior #3" to it and replace the stock single room.

They could give us one free holding per faction, then charge extra for the people who want 5+ different themed holdings like Gorn vs. Klingon or Terran Defector vs. TOS temporal agent.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,029 Community Moderator
      Player housing in the form of a revamped ship interior and the reintroduction of a revamped exploration system.

I like it.
      An AI director, in effect the director would change the battle depending on how well you do
      (Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 have it and no two runs are ever the same)

Don't really see how they can do that without rebuilding the game from the ground up.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      AI director would be interesting in places like MI or the various BZ's to mix things up a bit.
    • Options
      nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      add me in on the housing, more so if you can use stuff from unqiue/alien ships.

this one the things that just about every mmo has some version of and is pretty often a huge money maker. this is one area where crytics, "but we don't do that" reasoning really hurts them. granted a decent one would probably push the team to their limit and be at least a few seasons worth of work.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
      nightken wrote: »
      add me in on the housing, more so if you can use stuff from unqiue/alien ships.

this one the things that just about every mmo has some version of and is pretty often a huge money maker. this is one area where crytics, "but we don't do that" reasoning really hurts them. granted a decent one would probably push the team to their limit and be at least a few seasons worth of work.

That's partly why I suggested making the player ship interior a zone / map that isn't ship-specific, but is linked to ships of your choice in place of the stock interior.

They could work on the new holding as a separate project, without disturbing the existing code or workflow for building the stock player ship and story episode interiors.

Once development is far enough along to release it, it works like a visual slot -- you select your stronghold as the replacement interior for any ship you own.

• Options
      yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
      I would like a SPORE-like kitbasher, where you could use any parts of the ships you have unlocked, and put them together to create your own ultimate ship.