test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not sure how to turn off this particular weapon system

A couple of my characters are having a bit of a problem. Somehow, I activated some automatic weapon system that attacks whenever ANYTHING is in range. I can't seem to turn it off. This means every Mirror mission is a nightmare as I can't stop fighting long enough to close a rift. I just returned to the game and am getting used to the interface again, so does this sound familiar to anyone. It's probably really simple, but I can't seem to find a way to toggle this off.
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I can't seem to fix this. It only happens on certain characters. I go into options and turn off auto target, so then it no longer continues firing. It just fires once, and I have to hit fire each and every time to fire. If I don't turn it off, I can't close a single rift because my ship opens fire on ANYTHING and it can't be turned off.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Try going to Options > Controls
    Then make sure you're in the space setting, then look for an options called Auto Attack. Should have a drop down menu you can set.

Also... you should be able to actually set individual weapons on auto attack by right clicking them in your UI while in space. I usually have my energy weapons on auto, but not my torps or experimental weapons. Lets me be more selective of when I through out the heavy hitters.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You can stop firing by pressing F1.

F1 targets yourself, you will not fire at other ships when you have yourself targeted.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    You can tweak the autofire on PC so that it'll stop once the current target is dead rather than when the game decides that combat is over which can be up to 30 secs after the last enemy died.

Targetting also plays a part in this as if the game is set to auto target anything that happens to hit you the cycle will start again assuming the thing that hit you isn't outside the 10km weapon range. A recent MI run I got tractor beamed by a cruiser almost 15km away and the squeaky toy torpedo's don't seem to ever expire.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Here is the Options, Controls tab in the game...where you select targeting and auto attack options on PC... I am sure there is something that does the same on XBox and PS4.

Auto Attack: Toggle, Target change cancels.
    Which I take to mean: Auto Attack turns off when the target is dead.

My target settings, I must click, or tab, on to a target before my weapons start firing.
    It will come across as your weapons are not working at all, if you are not used to it.
    I know, because I recently changed it, I am still practicing using it. LOL!

If you want the program to select the next target automatically use the option:
    "Select Auto Target on Attack -- ON"

Also, I have not figured out what this option does for me, yet:
    "Target Threatening Enemies First -- ON"

Read the targeting AND the Auto Attack options very carefully....
    test it out in a patrol or mission so you know how you want it set up.

uZPYmUL.jpg

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmm....wonder what the difference is between "Toggle, Never Cancels" and "Maintain Auto Attack" means.
    They sound like they do the exact same thing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Hmm....wonder what the difference is between "Toggle, Never Cancels" and "Maintain Auto Attack" means.
    They sound like they do the exact same thing.

Toggle means you need to target a mob before it starts up

Maintain means even if you have nothing selected... it'll still shoot & blow things up. Perfect for PvE and FAW.

Yeah it interferes with clicking channeling objects but so what... just bug it and have the devs fix it so you can fire at will and channel to operate objects at the SAME time. Perfecto!
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maintain auto is what the game defaulted to when they did whatever tweak that landed with renegades regret.

Target change should also stop when you tab to a new target but that seems to be hit or miss based on when you change targets during the firing cycle.