test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arena of Sompek timed version does not grant weekend voucher

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
What it says in the title. The timed version of Arena of Sompek doesn't grant the weekend voucher. Just tried it on two of my toons, neither got it.

Yes I made sure to check that the weekend voucher was off cooldown, so was the kind of marks I chose on the toon I ran it on last night. In the first case we got to round 26 before the timer ran out, the other to 28, so neither is this a case of too few rounds completed.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    It belongs to the story that last night when I first ran it I chose the untimed version by mistake. We only got to round 12 before the whole team got a bad case of lightning all at once and wiped. That did get me a voucher.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Uhh, so you did it, got a voucher and then didn't get another?
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Just did a timed and well the picture speaks for itself

ilithyn_is_a_liar.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    No, I did it just after maintenance yesterday where I by mistake queued for the untimed version. That gave me a voucher.
    Today I queued for the timed version, first on the same toon as yesterday after checking that the cool down timer had run out and didn't get it. Thinking maybe something was wrong, bug, the timer was off for some reason, whatever, I changed toons, queued for the timed version again. Did it again. Still no voucher.
    Just did it for a third time on a third toon, still no go.

As for your screen shot, congrats on getting. I suppose this game have never had bugs that only struck some players/characters and not others. Completely new phenomenon that.

I suppose I'm going to have to risk the untimed version if I want a voucher today.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    or enter the speedevent (or NoP Public Queues or PublicEliteSTF) channel and join one of the many S5 pre-mades if all you want is the voucher?
  • Options
    Until this moment I'd never heard of any of those channels (and apart from the first have no idea of the requirements). And what on earth is an S5?
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Looks like a legit bug to me. I just completed a timed run too, and got no weekend voucher.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Same here, tried it twice today and got nothing either time. Has no cooldown, either.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I noticed that the voucher is bound to account so can be moved between toons. So I ran it 3 times tonight, Tonight run one got a voucher on a toon that yesterday I ran it second, got the voucher tonight, ran it on the second toon from yesterday did not get the voucher. Ran it on a third toon that has yet to compete in this this time around no voucher.

So by the looks of it from the last two days it appears the voucher is one per day, given to the character that runs it first.

Yesdterday toon ren got voucher
    toon max no voucher

Today Max got voucher
    ren No voucher
    Macavity no voucher,

tldr Voucher is once per day per account not per character.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Until this moment I'd never heard of any of those channels (and apart from the first have no idea of the requirements). And what on earth is an S5?

S5 is shorthand for Sompek suicide round 5. Also will be advertised as SS and who knows how many other variations, but all are meant to get to round 5 of the arena and then suicide out. Although the enemy type may require the team to advance to round 6 or later since some npc's are woefully inadequate at dishing out damage.