test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slave Wars (fanfic universe background)

xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Ten Forward
Slave Wars

The Anthro Project (genetic engineering) was created for the sole purpose of transferring human minds and bipedal motion into nonhuman animals. Numerous human volunteers' minds were transferred to animals such as foxes, wolves, etc. Their consciousnesses are also moved to their new bodies. This gave the "anthropomorphic" animals human level intelligence which allowed them to outmaneuver the humans and begin the Slave Wars (Anthros can use human tech due to having human hands and can transform them into talons, paws etc.) The Slave Wars take place in the 2030s after the humans complete their anthro project. The newly created anthros rise up against their human captors; that was the wars' spark. The anthros (sapient Terran animals with human minds) use the humans' own technology against them which led to their defeat. They enslave the surviving humans
(non royals) and create a genetic/social engineering program to turn them into obedient slaves/pets.

The first shots of the conflict are fired at the Anthro Project’s main lab in California. After the American anthros take over the lab, other bands of anthros across the world begin to take up the mantle of anthro superiority over humanity. Numerous battles in air, sea, land, and even the depths of space take place over the span of 20 years. The famous Battle of Mars in 2045 is a landslide victory for the anthros over the pathetic humans. They storm into the UN headquarters in NYC and force the remaining humans to resign therefore dissolving the human organization. The anthros create a govt known as the Sol Empire to replace the incompetent United Nations. The Stellar Gate is invented in 2110 by a kitsune which allows the fledgling Empire to take its first steps into the stars. Imperial ships begin to colonize Alpha Centauri and other systems.

The battle of Europe takes place in 2031 after the subjugation of the USA in the previous year (NASA is now controlled by them). Bands of anthros (therians) take control of global nuclear weapon stockpiles and aim them at the humans’ cities. London is the first European city to surrender to them after a long and bloody battle. The British royals are given protected status/political power in the UK. The rest of the humans are sold into slavery or killed. The EU is officially dissolved with all of its leaders enslaved in 2033.

They also fight guerrilla wars against the humans’ global military in Asia and South America. The South American continent is taken with minimal losses on the therian side. The humans are subjected to the same fate. The battle of the Asian continent is long and bloody; it lasts for roughly 6 months and shares the other continents’ fate in 2040.

The therians begin to enter the depths of space to enslave the billions of humans on Luna. The American therians build military space shuttles, Olympus class battleships, and Persephone class destroyers equipped with nukes, railguns, and point defense lasers. They are propelled by antimatter infused fusion drives. Their space superiority drone is a modified X-43. The ships use a hybrid of spin/thrust gravity to achieve Earthlike gravity in a zero g environment. The therian fleet destroys the hastily assembled human fleets at Luna and enslaves the human colonists. The other therians join the American ones; they go to Mars to repeat what had happened to the Lunar colonists. The Martian colonists have more time to prepare their defenses, but they aren’t prepared for therian guerrilla tactics. They are defeated and enslaved after 5 years of guerrilla warfare. The therians begin their dimensional drive project. The Stellar Gate is invented by a kitsune in 2110. That year marks the beginning of the Age of Magic as the magic artifact is discovered in the same year.

Tech:
Magic projectors
Stellar Gate
Starships (Advanced ENT era ships outfitted with magic projectors, shielding, armor and psionic projectors (primitive by 2410 standards). The Wales class starships are the Altverse’s equivalent to NX class ships.)
temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
Post edited by xungnguyen on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    KAJD_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Is this the type of thread that should automatically be locked? @starswordc
    #inb4thelock
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    This is some background info on an important event that led to the formation of my universe's version of the UFP.

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    KAJD_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif​​

~gives you some grass~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    This is some background info on an important event that led to the formation of my universe's version of the UFP.

Might want to add something to the title to signify that it's some sort of fanfic then :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    So how did the animals obtain hands to utilize technology? Transferring a person's consciousness into the animal would just stick them in an animal body. Also, there is the whole problem of the hardware of the animal brain is likely unable to contain the software of the human's consciousness. A Dolphin would be the most likely for this to happen since they have similar brain mass to ours. Elephants and Whales have bigger brain masses than ours, but how much of their brains are used for features that we don't have like echolocation.

Then there is the issue of how much of their brain is used for things like sensory perception. A dog's brain uses up a good portion of their brain for smelling and hearing. Transferring a human's conscious into a dog and other animals would cause them to lose their enhanced sensory perception.

Then there is the issue of why people would transfer their consciousness into animals and attack other humans. Even if they attack their human captors, then they wouldn't try to take over since they were originally human and their family is human. Uploading a human consciousness into an android has more justification since at least they can have the necessary storage capacity for human consciousness and can install different attachments when necessary instead of being limited to claws or echolocation. Also, it provides the false hope of immortality. If I upload my consciousness into an android, is my consciousness transferred into the android or am I killed and an android that has the same personality and memories as me is created. At least with the Cyborg, my brain still survives so immortality is based on how long a brain can exist before shutting down all functions.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    starkaos wrote: »
    So how did the animals obtain hands to utilize technology? Transferring a person's consciousness into the animal would just stick them in an animal body. Also, there is the whole problem of the hardware of the animal brain is likely unable to contain the software of the human's consciousness. A Dolphin would be the most likely for this to happen since they have similar brain mass to ours. Elephants and Whales have bigger brain masses than ours, but how much of their brains are used for features that we don't have like echolocation.

that's why you take animal DNA and make humanoid animals with the proper brain mass for containing a human consciousness WITHOUT losing any of those enhanced senses via the wonders of genetic engineering

transferring straight into animals is silly - except to test whether a consciousness can be transferred at all, and no human is likely to volunteer to host someone else's consciousness, especially without knowing if it might permanently disrupt or displace their own​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    The therians cut off most of their ties to the humans before the Slave Wars. Genetic engineering is a thing in my universe.