test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Allow tier 5s at lvl 40

talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
As the title says. No real reason not to put all tier 5s down at lvl 40. I would really like with my new delta recruit to be able to use any tier 5 I have on my way to vice admiral.

Long past time for this to happen.

Yes I know tier 5.5 yadda yadda yadda. Don't care. All tier 5s down to lvl 40 and rear admiral.
afMSv4g.jpg
Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1

Comments

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    We can't do that for you, my good fellow. The Devs could, though. If you want them to see your suggestion, you should move it over to the Feedback board.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Just a note, Event ships, like the Bajoran Interceptor, etc., can be flown at level 40 if you're looking for an intermediate ship that's a bit more capable on your way to 50.
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Just a note, Event ships, like the Bajoran Interceptor, etc., can be flown at level 40 if you're looking for an intermediate ship that's a bit more capable on your way to 50.

and they are T6.. T6 at lvl40 !
    coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I like to think of event ships as T5.75.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @anyajenkins said:
    > tom61sto wrote: »
    >
    > Just a note, Event ships, like the Bajoran Interceptor, etc., can be flown at level 40 if you're looking for an intermediate ship that's a bit more capable on your way to 50.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > and they are T6.. T6 at lvl40 !

Amazing I said tier 5s. I guess people don't know how to read.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    The RA ships are T4.5 ships, they have always been T4.5 ships to me, they aren't true tier 5 ships considering that true tier 5 ships start at VA and free players who never subscribed can't get ready access to them right away because they don't have a VA token.

it never really made much sense why there are two different groups of ships at the same tier but they aren't really in the same tier at all. the reason i call them T4.5 because they are half way between t4 and t5 ships, inheriting neither the stats or the ability of a true t5 but still act as just another step up to another ship at VA if you get the token.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It would make some sense to amalgamate the 40-50 ships into a single tier.

If nothing else it would mean new levelling players might be more inclined to get a t5 rather than slog it out until t6 unlocks for them or they just use an event ship and ignore t5 completely.

The split was there originally because thats where end game was for ships. Still having years after t6's were brought in means that t5 is more or less a dead tier.

However they likely won't make the change as it would cost money to go through the numbers and adjust them, they'll then say its not worth doing because noone uses them (or other variation of that same bs excuse the klinks have been given for years) and they obviously think that t5's are still somehow fancy because the free t5-u coming at level 61 once ViL drops rather than the more sensible level 50.