What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment is Back: April 19th to May 17th

13»

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Haven't had time to play this week. Does the return of the Delta Recruit also mean one extra character slot?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Haven't had time to play this week. Does the return of the Delta Recruit also mean one extra character slot?

Nope
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2018

The original Delta recruit event added an extra character slot. that extra character slot was a permanent addition to all existing and new accounts, so you already got your extra character slot when you made your account. IIRC AoY also added a permanent extra character slot.

Basically, for all those people whining about not getting an extra character slot for the Delta event. You did get an extra character slot for the Delta event, it's not Cryptics fault that you already used it. Pick any one of your existing toons, there's your extra Delta toon slot. Technically, the next to last toon that you created is the one tying up the slot for your Delta toon, delete that one. Later on, if/when they bring back the AoY event, the very last toon you created is the one tying up the extra slot for your AoY toon, so delete that one.

Now quit whining about not getting an extra toon slot already.

Added just for questerius: The latter part of my post was not directed at you. If you notice I specified "for all those people whining"
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »

The original Delta recruit event added an extra character slot. that extra character slot was a permanent addition to all existing and new accounts, so you already got your extra character slot when you made your account. IIRC AoY also added a permanent extra character slot.

Basically, for all those people whining about not getting an extra character slot for the Delta event. You did get an extra character slot for the Delta event, it's not Cryptics fault that you already used it. Pick any one of your existing toons, there's your extra Delta toon slot. Technically, the next to last toon that you created is the one tying up the slot for your Delta toon, delete that one. Later on, if/when they bring back the AoY event, the very last toon you created is the one tying up the extra slot for your AoY toon, so delete that one.

Now quit whining about not getting an extra toon slot already.

Added just for questerius: The latter part of my post was not directed at you. If you notice I specified "for all those people whining"

and for those who registered after the event who can finally do the event and not get a slot? some people are "whining" for a good reason.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Likje he said, you already got a slot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

you can't get a slot AFTER the event is ended and registered at that point. your account had not existed up to that point.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a

you can't get a slot AFTER the event is ended and registered at that point. your account had not existed up to that point.
    Of course you can. And if new accounts have 5 free slots (I don't know), then they are getting them.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I had four slots when I created my account on the 25th of May 2015, and now I have five slots since AOY started. I am going to assume that the fourth slot was from the first Delta Recruitment event.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I had four slots when I created my account on the 25th of May 2015, and now I have five slots since AOY started. I am going to assume that the fourth slot was from the first Delta Recruitment event.
    Yes. There were originally 2 free slots (one Fed one KDF) and new slots have been added for LoR in 2013, the Delta Recruit event in 2015 and AoY in 2016.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Bingo, the five free slots are for FED, KDF, Rom, Delta and AoY. Every player in the game has already been given a free slot for their Delta recuit. When DR first hit, I deleted 2 of my existing three toons and started a new Delta toon for each faction. Having accidentally deleted two of those before completing everything, now that Delta is back, I just deleted two lvl 60 toons yet again and started two new Delta toons just so I could.

If you aren't willing to delete a toon (or three) to take advantage of the Delta rewards, then spend some money or grind some Dilithium and buy more slots. If you aren't willing to do either of those, then do without a Delta toon and don't cry about it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Probably been answered before but I started a new character/ recruit. Is this like the Temporal agent event in that you just have to create the character within the timeframe of the event but not have to level the character during the event timeframe? I recall that I created my temporal agent during the event and didn’t level it at all until the event ended. Also is there a keyboard command or some other way to locate the Iconian items on the map like there was for a temporal agent?
  • Options
    Thank you for some clarification. This may be different than the temporal agent , which is the only one I have done. The temporal agent unlocks were account wide I believe. What I’m understanding here is that each faction must run the tutorial to receive the agent unlocks and rewards. Are there partial rewards that are account wide? I think it was mentioned that the only difference for three characters was some story line, dil and EC. Is that correct? My existing characters of all factions should be able to access the Delta rewards for the most part just from one Delta recruit. Is that correct?Thanks
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    sagen#3662 wrote: »
    Thank you for some clarification. This may be different than the temporal agent , which is the only one I have done. The temporal agent unlocks were account wide I believe. What I’m understanding here is that each faction must run the tutorial to receive the agent unlocks and rewards. Are there partial rewards that are account wide? I think it was mentioned that the only difference for three characters was some story line, dil and EC. Is that correct? My existing characters of all factions should be able to access the Delta rewards for the most part just from one Delta recruit. Is that correct?Thanks

They're very analogous to each other. The difference is available factions, specific unlocks, and bonus mission objectives. Any rule for your Temporal Recruit also applies to your Delta Recruit. Account rewards are claimed via the same contact.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    I was under the impression that to become a Delta recruit and get the device I had to run the entire tutorial, go to ESD and talk with the Temproal agent guy to get the Delta device. I got the device right towards the beginning in the holodeck shooting range. Is that it? I can go back to focusing on what I was working on before the Delta event and I now have a Delta recruit without finishing out the tutorial and going to Earth Spacedock? That’s pretty simple.
  • Options
    I was under the impression that to become a Delta recruit and get the device I had to run the entire tutorial, go to ESD and talk with the Temproal agent guy to get the Delta device. I got the device right towards the beginning in the holodeck shooting range. Is that it? I can go back to focusing on what I was working on before the Delta event and I now have a Delta recruit without finishing out the tutorial and going to Earth Spacedock? That’s pretty simple.

I believe that's correct, once you have a delta recruit you have a delta recruit. Rewards can be earned via that character any time between now and when the sun goes red giant (presumed point what which STO goes offline.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    So as long as I get the device in my inventory I can stop playing the tutorial and go on to toher things and pick it up again even if the event is over rright?
  • Options
    So as long as I get the device in my inventory I can stop playing the tutorial and go on to toher things and pick it up again even if the event is over rright?
    If you have the special device, yes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    That was super easy to create. As long as I also have a Temporal Agent character account unlock that';s double the rewards. Creates kind of an uber character.
  • Options
    Yeah, you Delta recruit can use all the unlocks from your temporal recruit and vice versa
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Yeah, you Delta recruit can use all the unlocks from your temporal recruit and vice versa

Ditto any other character on the account, recruitment events are incredibly potent ways of jump-starting character development.