test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment is Back: April 19th to May 17th

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Another chance to say "I told you so" to people who said something would never happen. :D
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I'm really hoping this comes to PS4/XBox in the near future since we never got to do it in the first place. I have the character slots ready.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Oh good. I only needed to to do the Romulan side of this. It's all I'm missing. I forgot about this at one point, and deleted my level 1 Romulan DR. Now.. I can finish that up.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    warpangel wrote: »
    Another chance to say "I told you so" to people who said something would never happen. :D

Yeah I remember bits of our conversation from last year, on how exactly they might bring this back around.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I'm done with delta recruits and no need for the grind since it's unlocked for ALL characters. Would be nice if they can throw a bonus for doing them again? Otherwise what's the use unless you did not do it a while back or a new player.

I was hoping for a Gamma recruiting event and still wish there might be one with the ViL expansion coming up soon.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    for max benefits you need to remake 3 toons... Fed, KDF & Rom (doesnt matter which alliance).
    A Fed and Rom-KDF are almost all of it. Ssoo...

1 recruit: around 50%(if Fed, more like 45% otherwise)
    2 recruits: ~90% (assuming you don't do something dumb like going with KDF and KDF-rom)

It'd take a lot of number crunching to get the exact percentages. But the gist of it is that there are 6 categories of missions. Fed, KDF, Rom(these parts are not that big), all, Fed/Rom, KDF/Rom. Having 2 recruits lets you get rewards for 5 of the 6 categories... unless your Rom recruit has the same allegiance as your other recruit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Would liked to have had the option for a temp recruit on PC as I missed that during my post delta grinding sabatical. Bring back one then why not recycle both.

Still have my three delta recruits although the klink has never made it much past level 20.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    is everyone getting a new character slot for this event as well?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

It wasn't stated. (new blog linked here)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10882244

So I would presume: "no," unless people notice an automatic slot upgrade. Then "yes" would be the advisable choice.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2018

It wasn't stated. (new blog linked here)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10882244

So I would presume: "no," unless people notice an automatic slot upgrade. Then "yes" would be the advisable choice.

I didn't get a free slot.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    Was having a think about this and if my f2p account has a free slot or two I might start off a couple of delta recruits for the marks and dil if nothing else.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Everyone already got the new slot when the event ran the first time.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    So for a possibility of all the Delta Recruitment rewards you need 3 Delta Recruits (1 of each faction), & for the majority of the rewards possible only 2 Delta Recruits of Fed & KDF?
    Yeah, 3 for the full amount with either fed or kdf plus rom linked to the one you didnt pick for majority of rewards.
    Phantom autopatcher kicked in leaving the flotilla, 10mins later still trying to get 3 files, delta recruit benched.
    Yeah, 3 for the full amount with either fed or kdf plus rom linked to the one you didnt pick for majority of rewards.

Good to know, that's what i had read off of the internet & in-game chat, but there are still some saying 3 isn't needed for all the rewards. Thanks.
    For delta there are things tied into the missions completion so ones like the fekhiri arc being locked to feds and roms need to be done on a klink, likewise with the roms tal shiar stuff being faction specific.

Can't remember what overlaps there are for the later arcs.
    For delta there are things tied into the missions completion so ones like the fekhiri arc being locked to feds and roms need to be done on a klink, likewise with the roms tal shiar stuff being faction specific.

Can't remember what overlaps there are for the later arcs.

& that makes perfect sense. I do hope down the road Cryptic will do that Temporal Agent Recruitment event too.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    If you want to reap all rewards but not really get three new toons:

Make a toon not of the faction you like to play, get him/her to the storyline merging point, delete, repeat for 2nd faction, then make your real delta and play everything.
    I'm done with delta recruits and no need for the grind since it's unlocked for ALL characters. Would be nice if they can throw a bonus for doing them again? Otherwise what's the use unless you did not do it a while back or a new player.

Well, the starting bonuses are nice if you wanted to make a new "full toon" anyways. Stuff like the dil, fleet- and rep dil, fleet marks, 250 base rep marks for all reps (updated for those reputations that came after the original delta recruit event?) plus all those from the missions make a nice boost compared to a regular new toon. Otherwise it'd be no use.
    Would liked to have had the option for a temp recruit on PC as I missed that during my post delta grinding sabatical. Bring back one then why not recycle both.

If they brought back one, I guess they will bring back the other, maybe next year. After all, the code still exists, so it's not that much work I presume.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    it'll give me time to liquidate my holdings on my alts on an account that does not have Delta Recruits. They are all L60 but good thing they have not really started any rep projects. It'll be a chore redoing the romulan storyline again.
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Still relatively new to the game, and have been loving it. Until I fill up all of my character slots (free account, for the win!), and then see this. So basically, I would have to delete one of the toons I have already spent a great deal of time working on, just for this? Not cool. Yet another event I get screwed on, and I am sure that I am not the only one.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    sacdragon wrote: »
    Still relatively new to the game, and have been loving it. Until I fill up all of my character slots (free account, for the win!), and then see this. So basically, I would have to delete one of the toons I have already spent a great deal of time working on, just for this? Not cool. Yet another event I get screwed on, and I am sure that I am not the only one.

Don't really see how, if you have a few characters to grind with, most if not all of the rewards can be measured up within a week or two at most. you aren't really losing out on anything, it isn't like one of those winter ships where you miss the chance to claim it the previous year because you lost out on a few weeks and now your only choice is the pheonix rng crate in the future.

A Delta recruit only adds a few minor bits of storyline as a temporal agent, a few traits specific and thats about it, the character goes through the same things the other character do. you aren't really being screwed.

Besides that, the event lasts a month, you only need to complete the tutorial with a new character in that time and you can play the character how you like after the event and still be able to play the recruit out. it means you only need to grind out enough dilithium over a few characters to buy 2 more slots.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.

just make a 2nd account... fed, kdf, rom-fed & rom.kdf

you just need to play thru the tutorial and get the device... then play em when you feel like it. they get good bonuses for your fleet. you can use em to grind duty officers or dil.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I'm really hoping this comes to PS4/XBox in the near future since we never got to do it in the first place. I have the character slots ready.

They already said it's coming to console soon. And seems like it's just around the corner on consoles. They have to get ok's from Sony and Microsoft for the consoles so that's why things may take a little longer.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    How do you find the Iconian Salvage?
    lordgyor wrote: »

You just look around the maps for the purple triangle floating above it. Some are relatively easy, located close to mission objectives. Some.. are hidden off in some corner you wouldn't expect.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    lordgyor wrote: »

You just look around the maps for the purple triangle floating above it. Some are relatively easy, located close to mission objectives. Some.. are hidden off in some corner you wouldn't expect.

an example would be when you beam down to crateris with your new rpublic ship and crew to rescue the Remans, the iconian device is not far from where you start, off to the left, but it is out the way of the usual path one would take.

others are hidden down at the base of a cliff, behind a section of building or crates, others are completely out the way that it would be difficult to find. it would be great if the tooltips for each iconian item had a hint that would give the player some idea in where to start searching.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Spam V key! I am not kidding either, use that Tricorder like your life depends on it.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Well, while STO does profit from F2P players since they add to the population and thus enjoyment, in the end of the day this thing is supposed to somehow generate money for Cryptic to do all that pesky stuff like "pay employees" or "pay office rent". So yeah, while a good F2P model is essential to this game's survival, it also is essential that being able to part with your money from time to time (or grind the dil to make others part with their money) would have its advantages.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries