What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gameplay Issue: Phoenix Box should contain Deprecated T5 Lockbox Ships

2»

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Worst case scenario is they will make it available for the episode replay event which seems to only happen yearly or later.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,793 Arc User
    I don't really see the point of adding them as Ultra rare token-ships.
    If you have every single event ship, plus a bugship and a voth bulwark, this gives you yet ANOTHER reason to open a phoenix pack. More is better.

Of course it is and I'm never opposed to adding stuff to the game (or making it available again in this case).

My point is, though: making stuff available again through the Phoenix box isn't the most logical option because no sane person is going to try and get a T5 ship through that box, when you could more easily and for a fraction of the price get the T6 versions that also unlock the T5 skins.

I seriously doubt how many people would be interested in having these ships available through UR or epic tokens. Only if they were indeed account unlocks, would it make sense to try and get such a ship through the Phoenix box. Either that, or significantly increase the drop rates for the UR and epic tokens and then keep them single character unlocks.

I'm not opposed to adding stuff and adding them as UR tokens would be better than not adding anything - but that doesn't mean that I think it's the best option. The changes described above would improve things for more than the handful of people who might have every single event ship plus the JHAS and Bulwark - and those who have resources enough to get a ship at three or four times the cost of a lockbox T6 ship.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,793 Arc User
    Hey kids,

Like many things on this lovely game of ours, adding items to the Phoenix Box is actually more work than just clicking a box somewhere that says "make this in the Phoenix Box." The team went through and added an original list of items they thought would be popular, and are slowly adding more over time. The box, I promise, is not static.

Good to hear that.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.