Comments

• gostlykyle#2218 gostlykyle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    The gerbils did it didnt they?

I blame Q
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • dratlashuggeddratlashugged Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hah. They posted on Facebook and Twitter after I mentioned them.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hah. They posted on Facebook and Twitter after I mentioned them.

Still, it's kinda sad when they OWN their own forum yet post first to 3rd party sites.

Well, Facebook and Twitter are widely used for such things by other companies (for example IKEA posting weather-related store hour changes)... but the fact that they had not posted at either of those AND also not on the forum had me wondering...

I'm a PM for a "Large North American Tech Company." I can post on twitter/FB/whatever as soon as I want too. It takes me hours to approve a message through an official channel like a blog or a forum. I'm just glad they are being active communicators.
  • gostlykyle#2218 gostlykyle Member Posts: 13 Arc User

It's called you need to have at least some people on staff for a graveyard shift. Especially for a game that played by players around the world you would think that it would be common sense. That way if something like this takes the game/servers down it can actually, I don't know, be addressed.

Cryptic and logic don't get along very well, that's why they are always kept away from each other.

This is why I partly think Star Trek Online has online survived as long as it has because of the Star Trek name attached to it. If this were some generic sci-fi MMORPG with the kind of problems STO has been having do you really think it would've lasted since 2010. More than likely it would've lasted until 2012. 2013 if one is being extremely generous.
  • dratlashuggeddratlashugged Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hey guys this is a known issue with the login servers and such at the moment and they are working on it. Sadly I've not seen or been given an ETA for the fix.

Ask if it helps when I press this repeatedly.
    cMfkFGP.gif
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I give up for tonight.... maybe i'll actually go to bed before 11 PM for once. I just hope they will have it fixed by tommorow
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    I'm in Finland and had issues connecting so it's not a USA exclusive issue.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, sometimes it works... sometimes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alienworldsalienworlds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I give up for tonight.... maybe i'll actually go to bed before 11 PM for once. I just hope they will have it fixed by tommorow

The etymology of your name literally means 'interrupted connection'. I mean....
  • manthiosa#6541 manthiosa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also having this issue, 5 of us went in for a Korfez que, 3 of us got stuck on loading screen and booted, and none of us have been able to log back in

hmm, who might that be :trollface:
  • alienworldsalienworlds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ok, Cryptic. Very funny. You got us. Good one. Let us back in now.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Looks like we're all fixed up now, folks. Thanks for being patient.
  • parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    The hamster Lives!!!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Issue resolved.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.