test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Parts of Discovery Do You Want to See in STO?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I want everything. Would love the dsc ships to be cstore with varients tho
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    orion outpost on quonos
    *Snipped the ancillary stuff...
    God yes... Orion Outpost on Qo'nos PLEASE

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    garaks31 wrote: »
    orion outpost on quonos
    *Snipped the ancillary stuff...
    God yes... Orion Outpost on Qo'nos PLEASE
    Yes, that sounds awesome.

I do have to wonder if that was inspired by STO. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Keep hoping that Discovery is a nightmare that gets canceled, never to be seen again!

I'd do it where at the very end, we see the opening bit of "Evolution", where Wesley wakes up from his all nighter induced nap. XD
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think we get it that some people don't like Discovery. Can we not beat everyone over the head with it?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think we get it that some people don't like Discovery. Can we not beat everyone over the head with it?

Misery loves company.

For my part I don't much care for it either. However, Discovery is going to bleed into STO whether I like it or not.

I skipped a bit and went straight to acceptance. Quite a few didn't like JJtrek (I did) either but that made it's way on to STO as well.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Misery loves company.

For my part I don't much care for it either. However, Discovery is going to bleed into STO whether I like it or not.

I skipped a bit and went straight to acceptance. Quite a few didn't like JJtrek (I did) either but that made it's way on to STO as well.

No Trek series is perfect. Not even TOS. But I am getting tired of being beat over the head with "get that garbage out" and "kill it with fire". Discovery exists. Now can we get back ON TOPIC of what we'd like to see from Discovery added in game without turning it into another flame fest of Discovery hate?

Don't want anything? Don't comment. There are just as many people who would like to see something added. We don't need to detract from that with pitchforks and torches.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Id like to see the conny from discovery as the T6 cstore conny, a 4/4 cruiser with some temporal seating/intel but no temporal reconstruction mechanic. Can use any conny skin you already have unlocked like the exter/TMP and of course comes with the discovery skin. This would leave all the diff versions of the conny unique. The Kelvin being a command cruiser, the t6 reward pack one being 5/3 weapon loadout with temporal reconstruction mechanic.

• Options
    On the flip side, the discovery lovers are nearly as obnoxious.

You're quite right though Rattler. This is about what we want in from Disco, there's a billion other topics about Disco itself out there in the interweb.

There are actually some awesome Klingon ship designs I've seen aside from the Sarco. So if a good few of those could make their way into the game I'd throw some ZEN at it. That's ZEN not keys, very important that.

Oh and the Disco Connie. I'd buy that as well.
  • Options
    Itd be nice if they put a version of the NX refit, and the Kelvin conny into the cstore with diff weapon/boff set up like what i mentioned for the discovery connie, before anyone asks why its simple. No Enterprise name bearing ship should be locked behind massive price tags, be that credit, key or packs. Leave the super fancy ones in the boxes as alternates with attractive 5/3 set ups etc, thats fine, but a basic version of an Enterprise ship should always be for sale at a fair and normal price for any new player.

Just my opinion though. Could include the bridges in the cstore at a small price like $10, and if bundled with the ship take $5 off that meaning you get bridge for 1/2 price.
  • Options
    You tell me to knock off the "hating" yet everybody and their mother comes after me for making an observation. Take it up with the "Discovery not canon types etc in a different topic and preferably not me. The mods will do some culling if it truly gets out of hand, they have itchy trigger fingers with everything else after all.

Discovery = current star trek

All the others = old news, if the internet was a major thing back then as it is now we'd have the same thing.

Hence why the haters are out in force, NOW can we do the topic. This will be my last post on the matter, or indeed this topic as I've said what I would like from Discovery.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I am really not much into ship interiors, because they serve no real purpose aside from potentially some roleplaying, but I'd really like to visit some Discovery, Walker or Sarcophagus interiors. Unfortunately I think we'll only see that when they have the chance to make a Discovery-themed episode, and not just a lockbox.

Maybe mostly because I love bridges with windows. (Or 3D viewscreens).
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about you orange, I was simply illustrating a reason why some of us have such a problem with these comments. I could have spent the last however many years ranting about other shows, but I didn't. I have spoken about specific complaints with them (I also fly both NX & Cardie/Jem Hadar ships in game), but I never did the whole other thing of "its not canon" etc. Thats all I was talking about.

If you don't claim other people's favorite Trek isn't Real Trek and isn't canon, or that other people aren't True Star Trek Fan, you aren't a True Star Trek Fan.

Mustrum "Clearly a real Star Trek Fan" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    The TRIBBLE Connie....either in the Zen or Lobi store, if you please.

Mirror uniforms
    ISS prefix for Feds

Rest of it can burn.......Mirror Georgiou far exceeds the most murderous tyrants in human history In the Prime Universe and the Feds hired her to burn Q'onos for them. Roddenberry is spinning in his grave right now.

Don't be silly, never going to happen...you know as well as I do that thing is only going to be in a R&D box and cost over a billion.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Now that they have to pay for it themselves...I am not sure they will dump 9M an episode into a show. Subscriptions are back down. With any luck that disease with a Star Trek name will die soon. Flat characters, terrible acting. Second season should be NCC-1031G, and a whole new cast and a ship that doesn't look like it was trampled by elephants.
    Anyone else having deja vu from when TNG aired after reading this? LOL
    Only a lot. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Well this isnt supposed to be about is Discovery good, its about what items we would like from it ingame. No show hate is needed from anyone for that. I havent watched any of it, i dont care if its good or bad, if there is a cool ship or something add it. It doesnt hurt our gameplay one way or another.

If your fav ship is the one i find the worst, looking at you ent-j. I could care less if you fly that pile of scrap, the time I have to spend looking at what you fly vs what I fly is minimal. Tis sad tho that the Luna/Nova cant even get an update first tho. Cryptic really just needs to batch release all the old ships straight into T6 fleet ships and be done with it. 1 at a time + console and trait is going to take way to long considering the backlog of ships.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    None of it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.