test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Eight Anniversary Giveaways Day 2: Phoenix Prize Packs!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Kinda like when someone gives you scratch off lotto tickets for your birthday. potentially GREAT!!! but probably not... :D
    At least it's not stuff I already bought off the C-store; so yay? My 5 boxes = 3 greens, 1 blue, 1 purple = 9 Phoenix Upgrades
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Thanks, my Romulan is very happy now :)

I was very lucky this time, 1 very rare, 3 rare and only 1 uncommon. Upgraded my space shield, deflector and ground shield and plasma weapon.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It was great for my F2P! One UR, one VR, 2 R and 1U. Picked up the Chel Grett since she needs ships and downtraded the others and still pulled in 9 more upgrades.

And before anyone asks, it's per account, not per character..
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    5 uncommons which led to 5 upgrade tokens. Luck sucks but can't complain about a freebie. Thanks Cryptic.
  • Options
    I always love opening phoenix boxes. I know I'll at least get those lovely upgrade tokens. Unless my F2P lucks up on a epic token, then she gets a Nandi.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    5 uncommons which led to 5 upgrade tokens. Luck sucks but can't complain about a freebie. Thanks Cryptic.

I got 4 green and 1 blue. My luck isn't much better but at least they are useful. [=
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Yes! Thank you.
    I don't care about the ships, I just want more upgrade tokens.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    Had my F2P had enough ships, I'd have gotten upgrade tokens. I hear good things about Chel Grett so took that. I'd really love to get her a Nandi too.

But yeah, when she gets what she wants, everything else is upgrade tokens.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    is it one char per acct or every toon?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    It's per acct. Not per character. Although the tokens are acct bound and any character can use them once you open a box.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    It's per acct. Not per character. Although the tokens are acct bound and any character can use them once you open a box.

provided you have a shared account bank... free accounts dont come with them.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You can purchase a shared bank. 1000zen for 10 spaces, up to a certain number. I bought one on my lifer acct when it was still F2P

And I highly recommend doing this on any F2P acct.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I always love opening phoenix boxes. I know I'll at least get those lovely upgrade tokens. Unless my F2P lucks up on a epic token, then she gets a Nandi.
    Agreed. Whatever you get, there's something useful in the box.
    You can purchase a shared bank. 1000zen for 10 spaces, up to a certain number. I bought one on my lifer acct when it was still F2P

This. Whatever you want to get with your f2p account, the first zen purchase should be a row of account shared bank slots, followed by the EC cap increase.

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    AmbassadorKael, The link offered at the bottom of each (both yesterday and today) News page for this promo redirect to another thread by mistake.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1233380/levar-burton-season-14-and-more-details-from-our-stlv-panel/p7
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    defufo wrote: »
    Agreed. Whatever you get, there's something useful in the box.

This. Whatever you want to get with your f2p account, the first zen purchase should be a row of account shared bank slots, followed by the EC cap increase.

Actually I got the cap increase first because Jhanell is the only character on that account for the moment. So the shared bank isn't needed yet. I'm saving up her Arc Quest zen to get some good ships once it builds up enough. That's also slow and steady, but it's building.

But yeah, at the very least she'll stockpile upgrades with the phoenix boxes. Unless she gets a token for something she hasn't gotten yet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Great giveaway, Cryptic, thanks! Got two rare and three uncommon, that's the V.S.S. Tanius admiralty ship and Ang the Vicious...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User

Absolutely not. Subscribe for a month, and you get 5000 zen, the account bank, an extra character slot, and expanded bank and inventory. (All permanent.) A MUCH better deal.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »

Absolutely not. Subscribe for a month, and you get 5000 zen, the account bank, an extra character slot, and expanded bank and inventory. (All permanent.) A MUCH better deal.

That is in no way F2P as subs can not be bought with zen, lrn2play.
  • Options
    And it goes against what I have in mind for this acct. Don't have the cash for a sub anyway. The husband and I are on a very tight budget, fixed income and all. The only zen she gets is through Arc Quests, and maybe dilithium conversion once she gets to stockpile it.

And I'm perfectly fine with it. Don't need account bank right now as she's the only character on that account with no plans for any others, barring another recruitment event.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Only got 2 vr 2 ra 1 uc, sigh I was hoping for a ur so I could get the Corvette.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    1 VR, 4 Uc. Literally only 2 outcomes could be worse.
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Only got 2 vr 2 ra 1 uc, sigh I was hoping for a ur so I could get the Corvette.
    Corvette would be great, but anything else you get isn't too bad, too.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    As a few already stated at least the Phoenix boxes offer something of use even if you don't luck-into a Ultra Rare &/or Epic which probably won't happen. I think 10 instead of 5 would've been nice whereas 5 is meh. I can also understand Cryptic not wanting to offer too much. That context all depends upon how your luck is with Cryptic, but Cryptic might have that randomization already coded. Whereas yesterday I was impressed & today is a shoulder shrug. At least there's a glimmer of hope & excitement of anticipation before you open them, & that is worth something, but Cryptic already knows most of us won't win anything too valuable.
  • Options
    hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @swamarian said:
    >
    > Absolutely not. Subscribe for a month, and you get 5000 zen, the account bank, an extra character slot, and expanded bank and inventory. (All permanent.) A MUCH better deal.

Should't that be 500 Zen you get for one month of subscription and not 5000? Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Stipend on PC is 500 and as far as I know has been that much since it started.
  • Options
    dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Thanks for the freebies! got 5 uncommon and love the no dil cost on the upgrades!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that mistake on the zen, but since I won't be getting any sub it didn't matter much. I kind of like playing on a shoestring. I do (sort of) get a stipend with my Arc Quests. And I'm saving those Arc points up for a nice end game ship. I just haven't figured out which one I want. She's a sci toon, but they do good in most anything you put them in.

So will see. Next phoenix box event I hope to have her dil pooled up enough to try to get at least one Epic token for that Nandi.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If I was you I probably would've saved for the T6 Vesta pack, but since you don't grind for zen that would take you a long time.
  • Options
    Yeah, any pack would take an awfully long time. Don't mean I won't try, or maybe just buy her some zen if we get a good tax refund later on. Just money is hard to come by right now. When we get one of our mortgages paid off later this year that will ease some of the strain.
    Now a LTS and loving it.