test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Eighth Anniversary Giveaways Day One!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
To celebrate our upcoming eighth anniversary, we're kicking off more than a week of giveaways!

For the next 24 hours, get four costumes for free!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10770174

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    THANK YOU! My F2P acct has very few costume options so she grabbed them all. And my lifer acct grabbed the Intel, Merc and Talaxian.

*Smoochies Kael*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Nice giveaway! Thanks!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    That's really generous. The only one I was missing was the Talaxian one.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Any chance the Klingons could finally get their hands on the account unlocked T5 Kamarag like the Feds did with the T5 Ambassador years ago?

As for the freebies today, thanks much!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Very cool. I already bought them before, but it's awesome other folks get a chance to get them, so I say good move, yo. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The Talaxian one is the only one I don't have so at least I got something new.
    I generally don't buy costumes as I have other things I need more, so this was a great giveaway for me. I already had the formal from a previous giveaway on my lifer acct, but my freebie acct has little, and none of them, so she got all four and is very grateful for them.

My lifer thanks you too, I been eyeing that intel costume for a long time, actually, thank you for adding it to the giveaway.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • havoktolhavoktol Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Will this be coming to the consoles?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Thumbs up
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    havoktol wrote: »
    Will this be coming to the consoles?

I hope it does for console users. Kael?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I hope my new PSU gets delivered today ... STO currently won't load at all (a problem also affecting all other games from the past decade as well), and extensive troubleshooting only really points to the PSU. Would really like to grab the Merc uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I gotta stop buying things. Cause every damn gift time comes and I already paid for it!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Looking at the "Appearance" tab of the C-Store today made me realize how few C-Store costumes the Klingons have. Even the Romulans have more. The only C-Store costume specific to the Klingons is the Klingon Academy Uniform. The rest are all cross-faction.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Well, delivery of my new power supply got delayed until tomorrow, but luckily I was able to get in with a bizarre work around I noticed when testing other games. For some reason, if I try to load up a game without any graphics drivers installed my system stays somewhat stable (though I wouldn't call the result 'playable', lol). Hopefully I'm able to grab tomorrow's giveaway without such workarounds.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I gotta stop buying things. Cause every damn gift time comes and I already paid for it!

Meanwhile, I never pay for appearance stuff, and get all the freebies. Since the intelligence and formal sets have been given several times in the past, I got two new freebies.
  • jwkane316#9870 jwkane316 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    > @havoktol said:
    > Will this be coming to the consoles?

As of 1-16-2018 @ 12:00am....no it isnt
  • outlaw53outlaw53 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    ok i got the costumes but cant find them at the tailors shop whats going on?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    outlaw53 wrote: »
    sometimes you have to swap zones to make new costumes appear, at least that's how it is on the PC version, I dunno what version you're using.

useing the pc version ill try
    thanks
    nope no luck even have tried exiting and rentering game
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Cryptic is getting a surprise jump on this years anniversary. All four costumes for free? On one day? Nice.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Four costumes free at once is a very surprising amount of stuff given away in one day, not to mention the fact that this year's goes on for 8 days instead of just 5. It's very exciting.

And who knows, maybe the ship giveaway will be something interesting too (It's obviously not gonna happen, but it would be pretty cool to get them T5 Flagships you know~)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Thank you very much.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Some of the costumes might be under off duty instead of uniform. And some are tied to how loose or tight they are. Tight upper, tight pants, etc.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    > @havoktol said:

They said on FB that consoles will get the items too. Just that because the way they add content makes it a slight delay. So what will probably happen, it will be the costumes in a few days. But consoles should get the same things. And this announcement for PC will let consoles know what's coming the following days too. PC has to come back each day to find out.

Patience.
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    outlaw53 wrote: »

If you haven't done so already maybe change your category to Off-duty for the Mercenary and Talaxian, to Formal for the Formal outfit. Intelligence should be in the Uniform category, though.

And btw, thanks, Cryptic, a very impressive start into the giveaway.

Edit:
    Notice to myself: read before you post.
    There it was a long just a few posts further down:
    echatty wrote: »
    Some of the costumes might be under off duty instead of uniform. And some are tied to how loose or tight they are. Tight upper, tight pants, etc.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    > @havoktol said:

Reply from the FB page ..... Star Trek Online Console Captains: All releases, including most of our giveaways and the anniversary content, comes to you guys on a delay due to the process of adding content to consoles. Hang tight. :)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic for the giveaway costumes. I missed the merc uniform, which I believe might unlock certain items that kitbash.
    Well, delivery of my new power supply got delayed until tomorrow, but luckily I was able to get in with a bizarre work around I noticed when testing other games. For some reason, if I try to load up a game without any graphics drivers installed my system stays somewhat stable (though I wouldn't call the result 'playable', lol). Hopefully I'm able to grab tomorrow's giveaway without such workarounds.
    Off topic: be careful with faulty power supplies, they can destroy random components, which can then feed back and destroy a future PSU. Keeping PC off till new one arrives would be safest option.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Had 2 of the outfits already, so I guess I'm half as grateful as other people. Thanks, though.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So, anyway....

Where's day 2?