test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Account Metric

Searching 'Free to Play' in the forums brought up many dozens of threads; almost all of which are outdated and not worth checking for current info. The main site likewise just goes in circles with no info on account types to be found.
What I am looking for is the current metric showing the full breakdown of the 3 account types.
Subscriber, preferred/premium (those who were subbed or otherwise spent money to upgrade their experience) and Free (no money invested yet).
I am checking the wiki, but I don't know if that is 100% correct/current.
4073703.jpg
[SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
=A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    in a nutshell, sub, 14.95/mo IIRC, increased bank EC and inventory slots, 500Z/mo stipend, Lifetime, Sub plus all vet rewards, playable emancipated Borg free, well, you are playing free so you know the limitations
    Spock.jpg

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Note that only PC gets the stipend for Lifetime. Consoles have a lower list price for LTS but do not get a monthly Zen stipend.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

TY Garaks31!
    The info I was looking for is at arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026713, which was waaayyy tf down the Guides page, and was really the bottom third of the page in question, and not as complete as I would like, but it is there. For more of the info I had to dig a little deeper at the wiki, https://sto.gamepedia.com/Inventory.

So STO has 2 Account tiers, not three, like most MMOs do. So spent money on game or not, both would be Silver?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »

So STO has 2 Account tiers, not three, like most MMOs do. So spent money on game or not, both would be Silver?

Correct. You are either Silver (free to play); or Gold (monthly sub - $15 per month or purchased the Lifetime Subscriber - $200 / $300).

But subscribing to the game even for one month gives your current characters some permanent perks. You get 10 Account Slots which normally would cost 1,000 Zen ($10), each character gets 12 Bank Slots and 6 Personal Slots for every rank they have leveled up to (up to level 50); that's a total of 60 extra Bank Slots and 30 Personal Inventory slots. That is per character so the more characters you have the more of a benefit subbing to the game for 1 month will be. This is retroactive which means if you begin your sub with level 50/60 characters all your characters will instantly get the Bank / Personal Slots. These are worth the equivalent of 2,500 Zen ($25) per character.

Console version of STO has no subscription.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    You also get a free retrain token per rank as you level as gold. Does NOT apply retroactively sadly, only good for freshly rolled toons. I don't think they stay if you unsub and it runs out either.
    You also get a free retrain token per rank as you level as gold. Does NOT apply retroactively sadly, only good for freshly rolled toons. I don't think they stay if you unsub and it runs out either.

If you rank up your characters while subbing you get to keep the retrain tokens when you stop subbing.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    and expl. from 9-60 if we don't fallow the rank up steps, speak with Admiral - take free ship as f2p. at levl. 60 sub and then speak with the admiral for all levels all together we get the tokens. during leveling c store ships can be used.

however continues sub until a lifetime sale is the best option in my opinion
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    IMO, generally being a Gold level player is only worthwhile while actively leveling a character. Most of the perks are leveling-related. (Except the Vet ship.) So you subscribe for a month, power level your toon(s) to max in that month, and then go back to Silver level. They you save your $15 a month. Or think of it as your 'stipend' of 1500 Zen. :D Better than the 500 Gold members get.

Not sure if it matters or is even a thing anymore, but I think Gold players got preferential queuing into the servers. (Aka got to cut in line to logon)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I think 'cutting in line at login' is still there for Gold members. Though I usually don't have any problems logging in either my Gold account or my Silver account.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    I think 'cutting in line at login' is still there for Gold members. Though I usually don't have any problems logging in either my Gold account or my Silver account.

Yep, I have not notice any difference when logging into either my Gold or Silver accounts.