test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So when do we get the rest of the events rewards.

bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
According to the announcement we should have a second event reward of dilithium and marks for our alt characters.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10710674-the-mirror-universe-invades-star-trek-online!

"The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, November 9th at 8AM PST, and ending on Thursday, November 30 at 10AM PST. This event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe.

In addition to earning a choice of marks for playing the Mirror Invasion queued event, players can run a new reputation project to earn a huge reward of Dilithium, Marks, and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols!

As the event begins, a number of rifts open around the map and ships from the Mirror Universe begin to cross over into ours. If left unchecked, the rifts will grow and launch more powerful ships. You must stop these ships before they can damage the station by either destroying the ships or by closing the rifts.

The station is not entirely defenseless, but many of its defenses have been knocked offline in the initial salvos. There are four power substations around the map. Activate them and they will restore power to the station, which will in turn bring station defenses back online.

After the initial stage of closing rifts, Vauthil Station emits an anti-tachyon pulse that sends the Mirror Universe ships back to their dimension. However, the Terran Empire launches one final assault, sending one of its special modified dreadnoughts through. These dreadnoughts have the ability to return to the Mirror Universe and will reappear through any open rift in the area.

Players can earn marks by closing portals, keeping the station’s health high, leveling up the defenses of the station, and defeating the Mirror Dreadnought within the time limit. The number of marks rewarded varies based on player performance.

Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore."

Just curious when we will get the rest.​​
signature.png
We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!

Comments

  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 8,993 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Just curious when we will get the rest.​​
    You seem to be confused, the reward for alt character is the same reward of marks and Dil as your main gets. That's the reward. There is no "bonus" reward, or "additional reward" on top of the default reward, mentioned anywhere.

    All the blog is saying is that your alt characters don't lose out on the dil and marks simply because the dual pistols are account based.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,012 Community Moderator
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Just curious when we will get the rest.​​
    You seem to be confused, the reward for alt character is the same reward of marks and Dil as your main gets. That's the reward. There is no "bonus" reward, or "additional reward" on top of the default reward, mentioned anywhere.

    All the blog is saying is that your alt characters don't lose out on the dil and marks simply because the dual pistols are account based.

    Actually... it used to be that after we finished the main project, it unlocked a secondary that we could do for like 2000 DL and a small mark choice box. We can still collect those event gubbins until the end of the actual event.

    At least I think that's what the OP is referring to.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 8,993 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... it used to be that after we finished the main project, it unlocked a secondary that we could do for like 2000 DL and a small mark choice box. We can still collect those event gubbins until the end of the actual event.

    At least I think that's what the OP is referring to.
    Yes, but given that he was talking about alt characters, and going by what he highlighted, it didn't seem like he was talking about that.

  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    It literally says that you have to complete the project with your other characters to get the marks and dilithium.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 4,212 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    According to the announcement we should have a second event reward of dilithium and marks for our alt characters.

    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10710674-the-mirror-universe-invades-star-trek-online!

    "The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, November 9th at 8AM PST, and ending on Thursday, November 30 at 10AM PST. This event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe.

    In addition to earning a choice of marks for playing the Mirror Invasion queued event, players can run a new reputation project to earn a huge reward of Dilithium, Marks, and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols!

    As the event begins, a number of rifts open around the map and ships from the Mirror Universe begin to cross over into ours. If left unchecked, the rifts will grow and launch more powerful ships. You must stop these ships before they can damage the station by either destroying the ships or by closing the rifts.

    The station is not entirely defenseless, but many of its defenses have been knocked offline in the initial salvos. There are four power substations around the map. Activate them and they will restore power to the station, which will in turn bring station defenses back online.

    After the initial stage of closing rifts, Vauthil Station emits an anti-tachyon pulse that sends the Mirror Universe ships back to their dimension. However, the Terran Empire launches one final assault, sending one of its special modified dreadnoughts through. These dreadnoughts have the ability to return to the Mirror Universe and will reappear through any open rift in the area.

    Players can earn marks by closing portals, keeping the station’s health high, leveling up the defenses of the station, and defeating the Mirror Dreadnought within the time limit. The number of marks rewarded varies based on player performance.

    Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore."

    Just curious when we will get the rest.​​

    It's very,very self-explanatory and doesn't allude to anything extra than the Dil and Marks that it says.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    According to the announcement we should have a second event reward of dilithium and marks for our alt characters.

    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10710674-the-mirror-universe-invades-star-trek-online!

    "The Mirror Invasion will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new limited time event starting on Thursday, November 9th at 8AM PST, and ending on Thursday, November 30 at 10AM PST. This event map will only be playable during this three week event timeframe.

    In addition to earning a choice of marks for playing the Mirror Invasion queued event, players can run a new reputation project to earn a huge reward of Dilithium, Marks, and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols!

    As the event begins, a number of rifts open around the map and ships from the Mirror Universe begin to cross over into ours. If left unchecked, the rifts will grow and launch more powerful ships. You must stop these ships before they can damage the station by either destroying the ships or by closing the rifts.

    The station is not entirely defenseless, but many of its defenses have been knocked offline in the initial salvos. There are four power substations around the map. Activate them and they will restore power to the station, which will in turn bring station defenses back online.

    After the initial stage of closing rifts, Vauthil Station emits an anti-tachyon pulse that sends the Mirror Universe ships back to their dimension. However, the Terran Empire launches one final assault, sending one of its special modified dreadnoughts through. These dreadnoughts have the ability to return to the Mirror Universe and will reappear through any open rift in the area.

    Players can earn marks by closing portals, keeping the station’s health high, leveling up the defenses of the station, and defeating the Mirror Dreadnought within the time limit. The number of marks rewarded varies based on player performance.

    Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore."

    Just curious when we will get the rest.​​
    That bit you've highlighted, the word 'still', should be the word 'also'. It was worth doing on alts for the dilithium (personally, I don't like the pistols at all (and I'm someone who likes dual-pistols)

    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

    "I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Slot the project on your other characters, turn in the 14 Multidimensional Transporter Devices you have earned on your other characters to collect the 50k Dil, 500 Fleet Marks and a box to select 250 marks of your choice. It is rather simple...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Just curious when we will get the rest.
    You seem to be confused, the reward for alt character is the same reward of marks and Dil as your main gets. That's the reward. There is no "bonus" reward, or "additional reward" on top of the default reward, mentioned anywhere.

    All the blog is saying is that your alt characters don't lose out on the dil and marks simply because the dual pistols are account based.

    Actually... it used to be that after we finished the main project, it unlocked a secondary that we could do for like 2000 DL and a small mark choice box. We can still collect those event gubbins until the end of the actual event.

    At least I think that's what the OP is referring to.

    It was what I referred to, and since that is how it has been on events prior to this, it is also what I was expecting. Guess they changed it. I was looking for the project to slot, but I guess it is not there this time. Question answered, thread can be closed.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,869 Arc User
    Making the primary award account bound didn't stop the need to complete the initial 14 event item reward unlock before you can get the secondary 1 event item reward unlock per each toon.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,036 Community Moderator
    HIi3ZGn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.