test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Failed System Specs Check

gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
After the Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) patch I get a a notice saying I am using an unsupported video card when trying to log on.

I was already running the game on mostly mimimal settings.

The Specs Check gives me two options: run the game with lowered settings (which I already was doing) and using default setting. I've picked running the game with lowered settings, however; it appears that the windowed sized loading screen never completes loading. It just gets stuck, thre is no option for me to exit and I have to reboot my computer to exit from the loading screen.

Is this a PWE change or a STO change and how can I get into the game to try to correct my settings?

I've checked around and cannot find any obvious mention in the forums about any recent graphics changes but (I could be missing something).

Was there a recent official notice about the change? I saw none when I've logged into run the daily Mirror Event through 10/23/17.

I remember a upcoming change being mentioned monthes ago but I thought that was being rolled out March of next year.

ANy help is appreciated, thanks.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    There has been no recent changes to the game requirements. I recommend you install the most recent graphics driver available for whatever integrated or dedicated GPU your laptop has.