test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

omega reputation

shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
Which one is better for sector speed and torpedo boats?
Omega, MACO or assimilated?
lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Omega engines reduce slipstream cooldown, the maco engines increase sector speed a bit, the assimilated engines (and the temporal rep core) slightly more than maco and the adapted-maco 2pc buffs your torps.

So yeah, it's all over the place and depends on what you prefer and your build allows.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    MACO at Epic and the Obelisk Warp Core at UR. Put that on a Miracle Worker Ship and you can go fast for a long time. Add the Polaric Modulator from 'Delta Flight' and Leadfoot Trait and you can turn well in Slipstream.

Get yourself an Astrometrics Doff with Transwarp Cooldown. If you want you can add the Transwarp Computer Console from the Federation C-Store Advanced Heavy Crusier and with the above get slightly under a 3 minute Cooldown to Transwarp.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    If you just want one piece, Assimilated Engines would be the way to go for sector space travel. I can't really say for anything for torp builds though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)