test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DUTY OFFICER ASSIGNMENT FILTER

Hello everybody. My duty officer assignment filter only allows uncommon and rare ( green and blue) what happened to my purple guys??? I have a lot of purple guys and can't use them the filter does not have enough options to get very rare and ultra-rare quality. Only Green and Blue. Not very good at all. Really screws up the out come of assignments. What could possibly be the reason behind this kind of thing??? Pretty dumb I think. All the purple guys are useless. This needs to be addressed and the filter need to be updated so it allows the use of higher quality duty officers. OR get rid of the useless filter completely.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Did you try hitting the "Reset" button in the filter options list?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Some of the assignments a poorly labeled for their requirements. For instance a mission may want a Fabrication Engineer but off to the far right of the requirement it will say Telekinesis. If you Don't have a Telekinesis Fabrication Engineer it will only show Dof's with Telekinesis. Chalk it up to poor QA.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    I found a Dof mission with the problem you may have. The first image shows how it states a Security Officer is needed for success but Telekinesis is required. In the second image a Security Officer is needed for success and required. As you can see I have plenty of Security Officers.

VtyWJ6Q.png

uIzmEJ2.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Plus since AoY the Doff Selection dropdown has put the 'Recommended' Specialization (the ones in green) at the bottom of the list of Specializations instead of the top as it used to be. Needless scrolling through a list.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,305 Arc User
    Actually, what's going on in the screenshots below, is that the only detail that's actually required for a Doff mission is the grey item beside the <Select> button.
    The items in green and red beside Critical/Success/Failure/Disaster only push the odd of the mission ending in that category.

So, for the "Experiment with Feasability of Assassination", the requirement for that first slot is a Doff with Telekinesis.
    If that Doff is a also a Security Officer, the outcome has an increased chance of Success.
    If that Doff is Emotional, your chance of Failure is increased.
    For maximum rewards and a Critical success, find a Telekinesis Doff that also has Resolve, Unscrupulous or both.
    aoav160 wrote: »
    I found a Dof mission with the problem you may have. The first image shows how it states a Security Officer is needed for success but Telekinesis is required. In the second image a Security Officer is needed for success and required. As you can see I have plenty of Security Officers.

VtyWJ6Q.png

uIzmEJ2.png
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/