test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I finally bought a T6 Konnie.

Paid about 285 mill on the exchange after selling keys for a while. The ship is nice but the bridge pack that came with it feels underwhelming. Certainly wasn't going to get an actual TOS Constitution so I figured this would be my one lockbox ship I actually buy. It's close enough I can slap a TOS bridge on it and call it a game since playing the actual game I want requires sacrificing a first born and two limbs.

The whole time I was thinking, "Why am I buying this? The queues are pretty much dead except for red alerts." but I figured it was better then letting all those EC's sit in the bank and since that wasn't growing as fast as the prices on the exchange I said the heck with it. It's sad I feel like this game could have been more than what it is. Oh well.

Also I can't type in tags, it erases them every time I tab out of the tax box on a post or I put in a comma to split them up. Makes no sense for posting on here.
Green people don't have to be.... little.

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Congratulations?... I guess? Sorry, what is it really about? Having bought the ship or having a temporary burn out starting to settle in?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'm not sure I'm the one with the burn out so much as the game itself.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    285 seems like a much better price than the 360-380 it was going for.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yeah that is why I took the dive. It reached a price that didn't seem as insane as the rest of the offerings. Even still it felt underwhelming afterwards not because of the ship but the game that surrounds it. It's like there's more effort going in to these ships then the actual game itself.
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    You wouldn't think that way when you see the T6 Miracle Worker ships, especially the Fed trio. I'm still not sure if I'm going to build up Zen for them, even though the Tucker's trait is promising.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    You can swap bridges on that now? oO

Not that it matters much; my TOS char is more happy with the TOS Dread and TOS interior; but I remember having been a bit annoyed by the KT constitution bridges weirdly enforced feeling lensflare pixels, inability to add starfleet regular s,m,l interiors which would have been visual okish with it or even inability to just swap it completely.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Looks like the OP oversold himself. I own a Konnie. Which I enjoy using. It is a fun ship to fly. But I did not ever expect it to be a GodShip which allows me to solo Hive Elite.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Looks like the OP oversold himself. I own a Konnie. Which I enjoy using. It is a fun ship to fly. But I did not ever expect it to be a GodShip which allows me to solo Hive Elite.

The ship is enjoyable, the game that revolves around it could be more lively is what I'm saying. More people, more queues pop'n, things that could make the dread of gearing up another ship seem not so bad. Basically the value of these lock box ships is diminished as the state of the game deteriorates.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

The ship is enjoyable, the game that revolves around it could be more lively is what I'm saying. More people, more queues pop'n, things that could make the dread of gearing up another ship seem not so bad. Basically the value of these lock box ships is diminished as the state of the game deteriorates.

This game will not come back to life so long as PWE, who tells cryptic, to continue with the vicious cycle of winter event, reps, summer event, skill trees and back to winter event, with a whole bunch of extra work in between. The game is stuck in a rut of every time an event occurs, it means working a 2nd job to complete it just for the new "shinies" that are nerfed when the next new "shinies" come out. All that just to make a steady buck or two instead of focusing on the quality of the game. The scoreboards still do not work. The power tray skills do not activate on first click, the exchange keeps buggin' out and now you can't buy two things in a row without getting a timed lockout of 5 seconds before you manually have to refresh your exchange search, resulting in eating up a search before the lockout happens again.

I also feel for what the OP is saying.. we can't even build a toon because the queues never pop because people are sick of the mundane routine/grind that PWE/cryptic deploys and they can't even fix the glaring problems I mentioned above despite a weekly (sometimes more frequent) update.

I am just tired of PWE/cryptic not focusing on important things in the game except for how it will fill their bank accounts!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    My main has a KT Connie too. Went full Kelvin loadout and actually out DPS'd a flieetmate for a while, and he is a hardcore DPSer in my fleet. Then he got himself a Vengeance. Funny thing is, he was pretty meh about a Vengeance until I showed him the stats and said it was basically a Fed Scimitar. Now he's in love with that ship and her damage output.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @rattler2 said:
    > My main has a KT Connie too. Went full Kelvin loadout and actually out DPS'd a flieetmate for a while, and he is a hardcore DPSer in my fleet. Then he got himself a Vengeance. Funny thing is, he was pretty meh about a Vengeance until I showed him the stats and said it was basically a Fed Scimitar. Now he's in love with that ship and her damage output.

While I completely understand the Scimitar comparison, and agree with it (even in the film), I actually have some interest in getting the Vengeance, unlike the Scim, which I despise (especially in the film). Problem is I have not yet figured out which of my remaining Feds I want to be my Dread pilot. My TOSling is going to stay in his Paladin. My Fed Delta has the KT Connie, my Tac is going to stay in the Nandi, 1 Engi has the Fleet Reliant, and so on. I do have a few characters I haven't settled on a final ship for, suppose I can swap em into some of my other Dreads and see who handles best in that setup.

I would test out them with a Arbiter Battle Cruiser or Archon Cruiser instead any of the Fed-available C-Store Dreadnought Cruisers. Arbiter is close enough to the Vengeance that I was my go-to substitute on one character until the real Vengeance was out, and transitioned directly from one into the Vengeance on my TOSling when both premiered. Vengeance being a bit slower turning than the Arbiter is one of the bigger things I noticed between the two. Archon has the same turnrate as Vengeance, but the 4/4 layout will likely lead to an even bigger gap in performance between the two. For both the Archon and Arbiter you can get a taste of what an Intel hybrid (Override Subsystem Safeties in particular) can do if slotted, though Intel Abilities have to move over to the Commander Engineering/Intel seat on the Vengeance proper.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Nope...it's the T6 Konnie and the T6 Connie. Anything else and it hurts...so there.

I've never understood why some people are compelled to misspell words with a k.

the K is for Kelvin, as in Kelvin timeline Connie...not misspelling, just an acronym.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Bored to the point you have to nitpick about a commonly accepted fan-nickname and try to derail the discussion, Druk?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Bored to the point you have to nitpick about a commonly accepted fan-nickname and try to derail the discussion, Druk?

Pretty much, I bet. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    baudl wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Nope...it's the T6 Konnie and the T6 Connie. Anything else and it hurts...so there.

I've never understood why some people are compelled to misspell words with a k.

the K is for Kelvin, as in Kelvin timeline Connie...not misspelling, just an acronym.

KTC would be an acronym for "kelvin timeline Connie" nobody calls it a "KTC"

When it came out it was the only T6 constitution class. Later they added a second one, the T6 TOS Connie

You do t have to mangle the name you can just add TOS to indicate you mean the second one.

I'd rather call it what it is, a T6 Konnie. If you want to call it a T6 K Connie or T6 TOS Connie feel free but I'm sticking with Konnie because it fits perfectly.

Also this doesn't add to the topic of the game state decreasing the value of ships that come from lockboxes which is why I made this thread. Even though the T6 Konnie is a nice ship the value of it and the more expensive TOS Connie are quite frankly reduced because of the state of the game with bugs, lack of active queues, etc.

I imagine not as many people buy these ships that could be because they get to frustrated at the state of things and find something else to play. This reduces game participation and the value of ships like these because there are less people around to play with due to bugs of whatever other reasons.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As for "bugs" there has never been and will never be an MMO without them but they are consistently overdramatized and exaggerated by STO players, no difference here.

Yea I'll have to agree with this statement.

Are there bugs? Yes. Every MMO has 'em. I saw a big one in Cure Ground last night.

Should people demand a total halt to any and all development until the game is bug free? No. Why? Because the instant they add something new, a bug can be born, and thus demands for yet another total halt until the game is bug free. It ain't possible and it ain't gonna happen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > coldnapalm wrote: »
    >
    > Nope...it's the T6 Konnie and the T6 Connie. Anything else and it hurts...so there.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've never understood why some people are compelled to misspell words with a k.

Because they aren't pendants.
This discussion has been closed.