test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Cryptic Error CTD on map transfer ***NOW FINALLY FIXED***

screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited October 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've been dealing with this problem for at least 3 days now. Let's start from the beginning, first day, the game runs fine, and no problems, until I try to switch toons about 2 hours in, then Cryptic Error CTD. After that initial CTD, I couldn't even get the character list to load without "Oops! Your Cryptic Game has crashed!" popping up literally EVERY TIME! I stopped to think, "Maybe it's something wrong with my rig?" So, I ran my anti-malware/anti-virus, and found nothing. So, I gave up, and I left it for the next day, to see if it will just fix itself. Apparently, not so, as it still continued. Mind you, I've searched every part of the forums about this problem, to no avail. :/

Now comes in the third day with this problem, but it has gotten a bit better, as I can now log into the game, and select the toon that I want to play, but after beaming from either Qo'noS or ESD directly to the Beta Quadrant, instant "Oops! Your Cryptic game has crashed!". I can't even play the game without crashing, and this is getting ridiculous.

My rig can play other games easily, with no crashes, but STO, nope! I would like to keep playing, but if this keeps up, I'll have to give up leadership of my Fleets to someone else, and quit playing altogether, and that's something I don't want.

My rig specs are:
CPU - AMD FX-6300 Black @ 3.5GHz
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB @ 1600MHz (4GBx2)
GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 Windforce

Honestly, from what I've seen so far, this could be a memory leak in the game, cause I've seen multiple cases like this with older games running on newer systems (mine was built in 2016) and certain limitations within the engine can cause this issue as well. But, when you are running an MMO, it's more imperative that the coding stays within that limitation, or too much junk code can cause memory leaks and constant crashes, like what I'm seeing right now.

Please fix this, devs, as I want to continue playing!

***UPDATE*** After a check disk to see if there were errors on my HDD, it found the errors and repaired them, now STO works. I tried to recreate the bug by going to Klingon Academy and beaming back up directly to the Beta Quadrant, and I didn't crash. So far, it's holding up. Now, I consider my issue solved.

***2ND UPDATE*** I just had another Cryptic Error CTD again, while typing on my Discord server. So this issue has not gone away, and it is REALLY IRRITATING! I just want to play the game, but I keep getting crashes all over the place, e.g. beaming up/down to ANY map, sitting in Sector Space, or just loading the charcter list. Please fix this issue, Cryptic, as I'm a lifetime sub player, and I've played this game for over 5 years with no persisting issue like this before.

***FINAL UPDATE*** After rechecking the forums, I have found a fix for this, go to your STO directory, e.g. "Drive Letter":/Program Files (x86)/Star Trek Online_en/Star Trek Online/, and delete your "Live" folder. Then, retsart the launcher, and let the game redownload. After that, enjoy your game again!
Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
Post edited by screwloose53184 on