test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fed Ship trapped flying in space above playfield. Like being trapped above a glass table.

Started a 23rd Century character, and was about to start "Return to Babel." My ship is flying in space above the play area. I can see all the planets and stars, but I am unable to get to any of them. It's as if I am trapped in a plane above the game space. I can even see other players below me as well, but my ship can not go "down" to them. It hits some kind of barrier which will not let me go down any further.
This would not bother me, but for the fact that I had claimed the promotional Ferengi T6 ship, and I am now unable to claim it because it is tied to an account in which I can no longer advance the character/story.
There must be a quick fix for this that I am unaware of. Thank you

Comments

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Can you transwarp or change instances? That should fix it. It happened to me once before and one of those actions was a solution.
  • slipcover#7698 slipcover Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am glad to hear that someone else has at least had this problem. I will try one (or both) of those ideas. They sound like a great place to start. I think the only problem with the transwarp was that I didn't have enough money (being a new character). But I can probably transfer money from one of my other characters.
  • slipcover#7698 slipcover Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    SOLVED - I just wanted to write a final note to wrap this up. Since a 23rd Century character can only move in one "instance," there is no way to free a ship (or character) who is trapped by changing instances. The good news is the Arc Games support was able to extract the ship, and get me back in the game. Use the ARC online support form, on their website. They ask some very specific questions in order to locate your player. They placed the ship in the regular game area, and all I had to do was "replay" the 23rd Century missions in order to move forward. The technical support people were very helpful!