test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Talk about a let down.

reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
Be the last time I drop this much money in this game. $120 for dil in Phoenix boxes (1256 boxes total).... 1 ultra rare was it. All to attempt to get a ship that I don't want but want the console... It's a shame... I haven't played long enough to have earned enough dil to drop that many boxes...nor was I here back when the ship was released... Less than a half percent chance is what it is right now... and I won't drop another dime like that again... Looks like the pizza party was on me today devs,... and didn't even offer me lube..

Comments

• Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    You'd have been better just opening the free ones until the last day before throwing money at RNG if it didn't turn up via those. It's a good console, but not $120 good. Save real money for the C-Store account unlocks and ships if anything, especially when you're relatively new.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I don't do phoenix boxes for ships/ship consoles. I do them for upgrade tokens.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    coolbatman wrote: »
    LONG LIVE STAR TREK ORVILLE !!!!! the cure for a bad TRIBBLE !!!!!!

ORV101_Orville_with_planet_hires1.jpg

It really isn't a bad ship either. Much more pleasant to look at then the Discovery.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    Well that is the only thing that eases the pain... about 1400 or so upgrades out of it... Yes, I could have bought a bundle... So far I have learned that the boxes in this game are a cash cow only.... and the constant streaming banners across my screen every minute of "X won an epic, X won a t6 ship from this box" didn't help. Should have listened to the few people in fleet who told me not to play the boxes in this game... lol.... I guess I had to see it for myself. I am afraid to see what I have spent in the C store in the 2mos of playing... I am easily over $1000 on keys, ship slots, inventory slots, etc etc etc on top of the monthly sub... Gonna have to sell the boat if I want to keep playing...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I don't do phoenix boxes for ships/ship consoles. I do them for upgrade tokens.

^^ This. Phoenix boxes are always a good deal, because of the Phoenix Upgrades. You literally can't lose with them.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    yea 88 unread messages in my arc box...and I know what they are for lol.... I don't even want to see them... receipts...shaking my head...
  • Options
    yea 88 unread messages in my arc box...and I know what they are for lol.... I don't even want to see them... receipts...shaking my head...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Hope you're not going to post that 88 times too. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    This is what happens when you buy into a F2P RnG gambling system, nothing but tears.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have not used any of my Dil to purchase Phoenix Prize Packs yet. However, I have taken the opportunity to convert some Dil to Zen with the lower Exchange Rate. I will likely buy some Packs with my Dil this weekend.
  • Options
    shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I've spent $0 in this game and loving it really much
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Be the last time I drop this much money in this game. $120 for dil in Phoenix boxes (1256 boxes total).... 1 ultra rare was it.

The first rule of gambling: the House always wins.

It really isn't a bad ship either. Much more pleasant to look at then the Discovery.

Looks more like it belongs in 'Andromeda' than 'Star Trek'. Or so I get from the image. I dislike 'Family Guy' enough that I haven't bothered to watch 'The Orville'.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

I wonder when we'll get The Orville lockbox lol. I'd totally buy Orville. :D
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

I wonder when we'll get The Orville lockbox lol. I'd totally buy Orville. :D

1x67mt.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Who designed that thing? Chthulu? O_O?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,351 Community Moderator
    L0ZJ4YP.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.