test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't Act So Surprised, Geordi! [Small FE Spoilers Ahead]

So, playing the FE again...

I chuckled at the reference to Reg's sultry holodeck characters right off the bat:
Injured Officer: Thank you, Admiral. If there's anything I can do to repay you... anything at all...
Captain Geordi La Forge: That's... (awkward pause) definitely a Reg Barclay program...
Geordi seems a bit... embarrassed? Then, it's back to business. But, a comment he makes earlier makes me wonder why he seems taken off guard:
Captain Geordi La Forge: Last wave! ...unless they've changed the program.
He knows how many waves of Borg there are, but not that the girl's gonna hit on him? Give me a break, La Forge. Stop playing innocent! This is secretly your favorite holo-program, if only for the ending!

#geordiyoudog
"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock

Comments

• Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Well now, I don't believe embarrassment is necessarily indictive of a lack of knowledge of the program. Barclay was pretty fluent with holograms and holoprograms, maybe his work got around?

And come on, getting hit on by something specifically designed to...get your attention, while you're on duty in a crisis situation with at least 2 fellow officers can be a bit unsettling at the least.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    the really funny thing is the npc looked kinda of like the boff I had with me, who spent the past few minute spin and drop kicking borg. add the fact she is that characters adopted daughter,and he is carrying a shotgun... just poor Geordi. that may be less embarrassment and more careful hidden terror.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    You didn't notice when the holodeck program starts, the computer says "Running Reginal -some numbers- program." or something along those lines... ?
    Gonna have to replay the mission to see what exactly is it says.

Edit: Both this message flashes and the computer voice reads it aloud when the holoprogram starts.
    1NWgOR8.jpg
    Post edited by claudiusdk on
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    To be fair to Barclay,
    Geordi is in no position to criticize "embarrassing Holodeck programs"

*Cough*

"Every time you look at this engine, you're looking at me."
    – Leah Brahms (holographic recreation), 2366 ("Booby Trap")

Even the Episode title is cringy AF.

Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    except it wasn't cringy, because it was very appropriate to the situation they found themselves in

a field full of devices that drain your power and convert it into lethal radiation is the very definition of a 'booby trap'​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Perhaps he helped Barclay test out the Borg and the ending was added after...
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I always seen it as Geordi was more like "Whoa, Redge is still doing that? o.O"
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

I chuckled at the reference to Reg's sultry holodeck characters right off the bat:
    Injured Officer: Thank you, Admiral. If there's anything I can do to repay you... anything at all...
    Captain Geordi La Forge: That's... (awkward pause) definitely a Reg Barclay program...
    Geordi seems a bit... embarrassed? Then, it's back to business. But, a comment he makes earlier makes me wonder why he seems taken off guard:
    He knows how many waves of Borg there are, but not that the girl's gonna hit on him? Give me a break, La Forge. Stop playing innocent! This is secretly your favorite holo-program, if only for the ending!

#geordiyoudog
    they changed ending...

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    except it wasn't cringy, because it was very appropriate to the situation they found themselves in

a field full of devices that drain your power and convert it into lethal radiation is the very definition of a 'booby trap'​​

Depends on the readers/viewers interpretation.
    You obviously take the title of this episode quite literally.

Are you familiar with the terms; Anagram, Dual Meaning, Double entendre ?
    Commonly used in literature and other art forms to convey hidden/subtle messages in place of the obvious.
    This technique was used profusely throughout TOS as an example.

Title aside, Geordi was cringy AF during that episode.
    Just as cringy as Barclays program in Beyond the Nexus. Maybe even more so because of the way he went about it.

But I digress.

My point still stands.
    Geordi has no right to look down on/make fun of Barclay considering his history with the holodeck.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    binebane wrote: »

#geordiyoudog
    they changed ending...

Yeah, in Geordi's version there's a nude Leah Brahms throwing herself at him. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I always seen it as Geordi was more like "Whoa, Redge is still doing that? o.O"
    to be fair... what Barclay did in TNG was worse. (naked Deanna)

Well... with that in mind, it's probably best that we don't talk to the purple lady to find out what she means by "anything"....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    good news - you can't! she's a non-interactable character​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Every time I see this thread title I read it in Darth Vader's voice from ANH when Leia is brought to him and he says "Don't act so surprised, your highness"

https://youtu.be/y-7rXTB5H_o
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Everyone is kinky. Just people in yellow shirts use holodeck programs. Only people in command red chase the real thing around the ship.

star-trek-TNG-riker-running-away-reaction-1416712628o.gif?id=
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Everyone is kinky. Just people in yellow shirts use holodeck programs. Only people in command red chase the real thing around the ship.

lol... WTH was that?!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    lol... WTH was that?!

When TNG was released on Blue-Ray we got so many new bloopers and extended episodes..

Lot of funny stuff like this..

Most amazing is the extended episode of "Measure of a Man".. Now at almost 1 hour, 20 min..

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User

Just hijacking this thread for a second....cause snowwolf sent me a message and told me not to....EATZ IN DA FORUM!!! But I am.
    outild.jpg
    * starts dipping a claw in milk to pick up the crumbs *

What kind of cookies are those, Crash? This is a peanut free thread...
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Klingon Choc chip. =3

Klingons like chocolate?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Klingon Choc chip. =3

Klingons like chocolate?

Everyone loves chocolate.
    The whole reason the Klingons became warriors instead of famers writing epic poems is the ancient Hur'q stole all the plants from Qo'nos before being chased away by the Klingons.
    :)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Klingon Choc chip. =3

Klingons like chocolate?
    That or it's like peanut butter with chocolate chips, but with no peanuts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg