test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this free Discovery Uniform good for DPS?

I hope so

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Definitely. It's rage fueled, so it grants some extra fire damage to your attacks pig-35.gifpig-6.gifpig-35.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Definitely. It's rage fueled, so it grants some extra fire damage to your attacks pig-35.gifpig-6.gifpig-35.gif​​

Does this also work in space?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »

Yup. There's a chance the fire spreads to nearby targets and if you hit enough they can even generate a black hole of rage and implode, ignoring shields, defence score and common sense. pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

Yup. There's a chance the fire spreads to nearby targets and if you hit enough they can even generate a black hole of rage and implode, ignoring shields, defence score and common sense. pig-1.gif​​

Lovely!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    I thought troll threads weren't allowed.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No troll threads are not. I am asking a serieus question. This game is science fiction, so it is a legit question in my opinion. Please dont't hijack my topic for off-topic questions. You can create your own topic for that.

A uniform does have different parameters then a pyjama I guess? In the army uniforms are very functional.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited September 2017

No troll threads are not. I am asking a serieus question. This game is science fiction, so it is a legit question in my opinion. Please dont't hijack my topic for off-topic questions. You can create your own topic for that.

A uniform does have different parameters then a pyjama I guess? In the army uniforms are very functional.
    It's a cosmetic item like ALL non-EV-or-armor outfits in this game. It does NOTHING to your stats.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No troll threads are not. I am asking a serieus question.

A uniform does have different parameters then a pyjama I guess.

It's a cosmetic item like ALL non-EV outfits. It does NOTHING to your stats.

Ok thanks. Then I dont need it. Then it's non functional.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I heard its great for Rom and KDF DPS they fight even harder in PvP now when they see someone wearing one. Envy and neglect are a powerful tool for motivation :)
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Well I guess it might draw a lot more fire from irate toddlers who don't understand how not to watch something and keep quite about the fact they didn't watch it so there is that. Not ingame fire, just badly spelt PMs.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I heard the uniform does wonders for your sex life.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin Thread probably best moved to Ten Forward.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    It's a Sun Tzu weapon for PvP. Some of your opponents, on seeing it, will go into a frothing rage due to their vehement response to a show they haven't even seen yet; in their anger, they will make mistakes, which you can then exploit.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    Well I guess it might draw a lot more fire from irate toddlers who don't understand how not to watch something and keep quite about the fact they didn't watch it so there is that. Not ingame fire, just badly spelt PMs.

That's " quiet ", not " quite ".

So, just not badly spelt PM's floating around here, right, cobber? =3

Both are correctly spelt words Crash, just one is used in where the other should be. So, yes, PMs.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Eh, as usual, the freebies are never as good as the stuff in lockboxes.
    You will have to figure out how it fits in with your current set up.

Your mileage may vary with this one.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, all the shiny metallic parts deflect energy beams. And the blue is so soothing, who would want to fight after staring at that for awhile...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,042 Community Moderator
    Arguing over something we're being given for free?
    An outfit useless because it doesn't augment DPS?

Dear God... What's next? demanding every cosmetic buffs DPS or having the ability to wear nothing because clothes don't augment DPS?

This DPS or GTFO mentality is really getting out of hand.
    twilightsparkleheaddesk.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You guys all fell for the troll.. congrats.

No one is stupid enough to really ask if a uniform helps with DPS. The OP trolled you, you fell for it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    L0ZJ4YP.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.