test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just purchased the Galaxy interior...

It's rare that I spend money on this game, but I HAD to get this interior. I'm not disappointed, it's bringing me great joy. It looks fantastic.

However, there are a couple of things that I hope they might look into doing (and not just for this interior).

First, I appeared on the bridge, standing in front of the Captain's chair. After exploring the other decks, I took a turbolift to the bridge, but found I didn't actually have to leave the lift, I reappeared out in the middle of the bridge. My suggestion is that we spawn in the turbolift of ALL bridges.

Second, on a related note, I could NOT leave the ship from the Transporter room. If there's ANY room where we should have the option to leave the interior, it's the transporter room. This is true of ALL interiors.

Third, the wandering crew are constantly causing doors to open and close. It's kind of irritating when you're relaxing in your cabin and the door is constantly opening. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to adjust this. Perhaps simply making the wandering crew non collidable would make them not open doors. Again, this would be a welcome change on ALL interiors.

Fourth, my officers are not manning the appropriate stations. As usual, my Engineer is at the helm (though I suppose Geordi did start out there). This is an ongoing problem, and I don't know why it continues to be an issue, even on new bridges. Ideally, we should be assigning crew to the stations we want them at (it would even be nice to assign them to other rooms in the interior, such as putting my Doctor in Sick Bay, or my character's NPC wife in his quarters), but having them randomly assigned based on their class (ie. Tactical, Engineer or Science) to appropriate stations would be sufficient. Again, this is something ALL interiors need.

Fifth (sort of), it would be nifty if we could actually DO things in the holodecks. What if we could spawn combat foes to battle (like Tasha did in Code of Honour), or whatnot? Kind of a game within the game.

Finally, I hope the lift in Main Engineering will be made functional, allowing access to the upper level. I know this was done for the Voyager interior, so I'm anticipating it being done for the Galaxy.

And let me reiterate, lest you think I'm being overly critical, I think this is a fantastic interior. It looks incredible, and is immediately my favourite of ALL the interiors provided in the game. Very well done, Cryptic.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• roscoe3400roscoe3400 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Definitely agree with all of the above! Kudos to the art team on a gorgeous interior. It's a real treat for TNG and Galaxy class fans.

Some other small suggestions:

I know it's probably more convenient to have the ship selector on the bridge but that NPC just seems more appropriate in the transporter room. At the very least, it would be nice if the NPC could be one of your BOFFs or one of the random officers at a console (like on the Voyager bridge) rather than just someone hanging out in the middle of the bridge.

Thanks also for the multiple turbolifts! That's a huge improvement over previous interiors where there was only one on each deck. But the forward bridge turbolift (next to the ready room) has a small bug: if you select Deck 8 it drops you off on Deck 10.

I think this was mentioned in another thread but the uniforms on the crew aren't consistent. I'd personally prefer everyone to be in the TNG uniforms, but the Odyssey uniform would be fine too.

You can't sit in a few of the chairs in the captain's quarters.

Being able to activate Red Alert (like in Beyond the Nexus) would be a cool feature eventually as well.
  • sfcosfco Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I agree on all counts. The one I hope gets looked at first is the doors. Having the doors constantly opening and closing completely ruins the immersion, and eventually even the desire of exploring or using the interior.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm the type that actually sits in my quarters typing logs or going through personnel job assignments.

It may not be an easy fix, but it would seem just setting it up so the doors only open for player characters rather than all NPCs might be a way to solve the problem.
  • roscoe3400roscoe3400 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    sfco wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'm the type that actually sits in my quarters typing logs or going through personnel job assignments.
    Same. I use interiors for DOFFing and Admiralty fairly frequently.

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I also purchased the Galaxy Bridge, and I do like the aesthetics. I mentioned a few annoyances in another thread, but I will echo what others have said here. The NPCs need to stop causing the doors to open when they pass by. This issue has been constant through out each of the bridges, which is more so annoying on the Constitution, Defiant and Voyager bridges in addition to the Galaxy. I do hope the art team can fix this issue. The Transporter Room, as the OP mentioned, should allow the players to leave the bridge, whether you are on the Constitution, Galaxy, Voyager, or Defiant bridges; it is something I hope the Developers look into. As for the spawn point, it would be nice to have us come onto the bridge from the turbo lift instead of just appearing at the center of the bridge.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I found the Head just off the Bridge. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    I just noted this on the bug forum as well, but I also found that you cannot sit in the chairs around the conference tables. They are click-to-sit, but are too close to the tables for our characters to actually sit down.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    These are all good points. Devs please move ship interior fixes up a little from the current # 11,495,112 spot on the to-do list.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    it would be really cool if you could spawn all the foundry episodes from the holodeck
    Spock.jpg

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    These are reasonable suggestions, however suggestions that haven't been applied to any interior in seven years. The TNG interior behaves just like all the others with all it's flaws and detail quirks - I'd be very surprised if anything would be done about this pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Something else I've noticed... someone correct me if I'm wrong... but there seems to be nowhere to put trophies...
    That's correct, there is nowhere to put trophies and no interactive stuff. That's why a good chunk of the players think it's too expensive, especially compared to the 23rd century bundle that included the Constitution interior and offered more stuff for the price.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Haven't bought this one. After reading this thread, I think US $20.00 is a bit much for some pretty background pictures on my monitor. Not going to discourage others from buying it if they want to, though. But for this price point it surely should have included some features from either the Tuffli/D'kora interiors or some bundled items.

The Art Department has really shined as the best part of the Dev team for a very long time now. How sad pwe/cryptic makes them work with 2d stringers.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Good suggestions Marik - all of em' +1
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I also am really enjoying the nostalgia of this classic set! The attention to detail is truly excellent.

At this point, beyond the missing 'leave ship' buttons below decks, I only have a couple minor quibbles on graphics panels. There are two of particular note I'd love to see updated to canon:

- Diagnostic readout in sickbay (though I admit this probably changed a lot over the seasons)

- Transporter console control (you just can NOT have a transporter without the iconic 3x slider controls!!!)
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Something else I've noticed... someone correct me if I'm wrong... but there seems to be nowhere to put trophies...
    That's correct, there is nowhere to put trophies and no interactive stuff. That's why a good chunk of the players think it's too expensive, especially compared to the 23rd century bundle that included the Constitution interior and offered more stuff for the price.

This. So much this. My main, I'm actually ok with that, but my newest alt, a Ferengi, wants to put his piles of GPL on display for all to see. Ok, for all who accept bridge invites to see. Ok, for him to sit and gaze at alone. I could just do this with the Origins bridge, but where's the opulence in using the standard bridge? :p
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I don't believe anybody bought it. Why would anybody waste their money. It is over priced at 20 dollars and for what??? How much time do you spend on your bridge? I have zero respect for anybody that goes and buys this. But please post if you have because I have an oil well in Sacramento to sell you.
  • boskofportkarboskofportkar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Good to hear the good comments about the new interior.. ! i fly a Chronos Class Dreadnaught, does the new Galaxy Interior work with the temporal ships? Maybe the Temporal Raider too? Also, i was hoping 10 Forward had a Dabo Table? Maybe... ?? heheheee.. Chronos Class doesn't even have a Ready Room, almost any interior would be a plus... *sigh*
    Can someone tell me if it works with Chronos Class? And is there a Dabo Table? hehehe thanks for info guys..!
    Dennis Loop / Bosk@boskofportkar
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The Galaxy option doesn't seem to be restricted in my experience, so any Fed ships that can't use it are probably the result of a bug.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif