test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pressing "X" key to aim is not functioning properly.

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
For some of my characters aiming is not functioning properly. Basically pressing the "X" key puts the character in aim mode. However, on some of my characters I need to continuously press "X" to aim. As soon as I take my finger for the "X" key my characters would stop aiming.

Tapping the "X" key should put me in aim mode until I tap the "X" key again which would take me out of aim mode.

Comments

• freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Somewhere along the way, some of your characters have aim set to press and hold instead of toggle. To fix, go to:

Options -> Controls -> Aim mode as toggle and set it to On.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    Somewhere along the way, some of your characters have aim set to press and hold instead of toggle. To fix, go to:

This is the answer.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

Thanks, the fixed the issue I was having. I wonder how aim mode got toggled off since I never touched it...
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Thanks, the fixed the issue I was having. I wonder how aim mode got toggled off since I never touched it...

The same way a lot of settings and stuff in STO just.. Change by themselves.

Isn't it fun? :D