test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sompek Pulsewave Stats @ Epic

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
So here it is, Sompek Pulsewave stats at Epic. The gun gets: a [CrtH] at Very Rare, a [Dmg] at Ultra Rare, and a [Dm/CrH] at Epic.

36781988431_d568eb2782_z.jpg

As far as its effectiveness, the gun under performs the Lukari wrist weapon. As you might note, both primary and secondary modes have the same damage values. If this is indeed the way the gun was intended to be, it is not worth slotting. However, if the secondary mode damage value were raised to a pulsewave level, then I could see the gun having some usefulness. That being said, with the exception of the Lukari wrist weapon, electrical attacks against NPCs do not seem to do as much damage as an energy weapon. This is indeed a novelty item and nothing more. Enjoy! :smile:

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Actually... the last time I looked at a pulsewave in game it had the same damage for primary and secondary. The difference is that the secondary has a bigger AoE and more knock/repel.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Or not, I just looked and they're more like double damage on the secondary...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, I don't really like using pulsewave rifles. That's why I am not running the Arena of Sompek everyday. I am merely playing for fun and collecting merits to be used for future Sompek prizes. Unless of course they also suck.

My de facto standard issue weapon for all my characters and nearly all Boffs is the plasma wide beam rifle. Some of my characters also have the Advanced Herald Antiproton Beam Projector or the Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon, but those are secondary weapons.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Well... if someone can figure out how to do a decent Darkwing Duck cosplay... this weapon and the Lukari one would make decent Megavolt weapons for a cosplay.

Novelty it may be... but you never know what creative uses it can have.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... if someone can figure out how to do a decent Darkwing Duck cosplay... this weapon and the Lukari one would make decent Megavolt weapons for a cosplay.

Novelty it may be... but you never know what creative uses it can have.

I kind of wish the Devs would buff this weapon or provide a way for us to buff Electrical damage without using the Lukari set. This would be very useful for the Ferengi whip, which also does Electrical damage. As far as cosplay goes, the gun does look cool. :smile:
  • Options
    Damage for normal attack seems fine. Within 2 seconds the total potential non-critical damage is 309.9. However, the AoE damage should be increased similar to other pulsewave rifles.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    A weapon with both knockback.. and reduced damage over distance..

Brilliant.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I assume the initial damage is applied upon impact before the potential knockback.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Tesla troopers, as made infamous by the Red Alert series, also come to mind - especially as the RA2 incarnations have their weapons gauntlet-mounted; however, with the maybe exception of the Herald armor, no current armor visual is sufficiently 'bulky' to fully channel the look. Oh, and don't forget the kit module... and the Neural Network Overload trait from TTF. Bonus points if you get to make use of the RA2 Tesla trooper soundbites...

There is one interesting mechanical note about the weapon: it has no melee attack; that's replaced by PBAoE repel which also provides a shield heal whose value is multiplied by the number of enemies affected.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    As far as its effectiveness, the gun under performs .... This is indeed a novelty item and nothing more.

Noo! I'm shocked! A gun they don't give us any stats for until we actually get it, sucks!? Nooo!!!
    (That was all sarcasm, if you didn't get it.)
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I assume the initial damage is applied upon impact before the potential knockback.
    Yeah, that's how pulsewaves work.

I wonder how the DPS on this thing works out when you add in the secondary damage?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I thank the OP for upgrading and posting this and I thank god for my decision not to pursue this weapon on all 10 toons of mine.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Just goes to show ya... I'm just gonna get it for my Lvl 60 Engies, but I won't bother upgrading until they decide to modify it. Otherwise, I might do Sompek again to test my layouts.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    @OP - Thanks for investing in the weapon and saving lots of other people serious heartbreak and insult to injury.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    As a pulsewave, I'd argue its better than it first appears

why? That 100% dot proc

While range is a big issue for pulsewave damage, the fact it has a dot that applies no matter the range (from what I've heard, luka 2pc and various ground dot enhancers boost its dot...not to mention certain skills that means you have a near constant -10 all res on an opponent..) that applies heavy shield ignoring damage, allied with the fact theres nothing in sto ground with a heavy electrical resist means it could be quite the deceptiver performer amongst pulsewaves (of course the cochrane is the go to for pulsewave type weapons)

Add to that its tertiary power which actually is useful (compared to the gunbutt swipe) and its quite potent on paper..well, after you swallow the upgrade cost, of course

I definitely plan to add this to my arsenal
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    @OP - Thanks for investing in the weapon and saving lots of other people serious heartbreak and insult to injury.

^this...

apparently the devs are unaware how blek they made CritH... not that I ever liked it.... still my sith build will get it. And my main will get the dil it needs
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »

why? That 100% dot proc

While range is a big issue for pulsewave damage, the fact it has a dot that applies no matter the range (from what I've heard, luka 2pc and various ground dot enhancers boost its dot...not to mention certain skills that means you have a near constant -10 all res on an opponent..) that applies heavy shield ignoring damage, allied with the fact theres nothing in sto ground with a heavy electrical resist means it could be quite the deceptiver performer amongst pulsewaves (of course the cochrane is the go to for pulsewave type weapons)

Add to that its tertiary power which actually is useful (compared to the gunbutt swipe) and its quite potent on paper..well, after you swallow the upgrade cost, of course

I'm with you on this.

Testing it yesterday in another Sompek run it seemed quite adequate tbh. I wasn't expecting some 1-shot monster but that DOT is deceptively powerful under some circumstances. And the shield heal scales with number of baddies hit by it so it you are in the middle of a group (as you'd want to be using a pulsewave) it can be really quite potent and useful.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User

why? That 100% dot proc

Haven't seen/tested the tertiary power yet. What is it?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

why? That 100% dot proc

Haven't seen/tested the tertiary power yet. What is it?

It's a shield regen buff that scales with how many enemies it hits basically. Plus is also has a knockdown effect and a debuff too i think.

I could be quite handy if you like to get up close and in the face of large groups of enemies. Only an 8s cooldown too.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    ooh.. that sounds like fun! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I kind of wish the Devs would buff this weapon or provide a way for us to buff Electrical damage without using the Lukari set. This would be very useful for the Ferengi whip, which also does Electrical damage. As far as cosplay goes, the gun does look cool. :smile:
    Electrical Damage is boosted by All Damage. The builds that boost the TR-116B/A will also work for the Sompek Pulsewave or Ferengi Energy Whip.

Traits that boost All Damage: Aggressive, Adrenal Release, Berserker, Vicious and Hive Mind. Up Close and Personal as well as Sniper also boost All Weapon Damage (Up Close and Personal synergizes well with pulsewaves). You can even get a 5% specific weapon-type damage boost to assault weapons.

For set bonuses, the 2 piece Crystalline Nanofiber Shell set boosts All Damage (up to 15%) or you go with the 3 piece Lukari for 25% Electrical.

All these little bonuses add up. The Sompek pulsewave becomes especially brutal if the DoT lands.
  • Options
    I thank the OP for upgrading and posting this and I thank god for my decision not to pursue this weapon on all 10 toons of mine.

^this...

apparently the devs are unaware how blek they made CritH... not that I ever liked it.... still my sith build will get it. And my main will get the dil it needs

You guys are welcome. I really wanted to enjoy this gun at Epic especially since I had gotten it for 20 characters. Like others, I also wanted to see if upgrading it would be worth doing on those other characters as well.
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

why? That 100% dot proc

I'm with you on this.

Testing it yesterday in another Sompek run it seemed quite adequate tbh. I wasn't expecting some 1-shot monster but that DOT is deceptively powerful under some circumstances. And the shield heal scales with number of baddies hit by it so it you are in the middle of a group (as you'd want to be using a pulsewave) it can be really quite potent and useful.

I may need to re-look at this weapon ability in combat again. Since the gun is categorized as a pulsewave, I was expecting the secondary mode to be similar to other pulsewaves in the game that give off higher damage than their primary mode, which the Lukari wrist weapon appears to do.
    redvenge wrote: »
    Electrical Damage is boosted by All Damage. The builds that boost the TR-116B/A will also work for the Sompek Pulsewave or Ferengi Energy Whip.

Traits that boost All Damage: Aggressive, Adrenal Release, Berserker, Vicious and Hive Mind. Up Close and Personal as well as Sniper also boost All Weapon Damage (Up Close and Personal synergizes well with pulsewaves). You can even get a 5% specific weapon-type damage boost to assault weapons.

For set bonuses, the 2 piece Crystalline Nanofiber Shell set boosts All Damage (up to 15%) or you go with the 3 piece Lukari for 25% Electrical.

All these little bonuses add up. The Sompek pulsewave becomes especially brutal if the DoT lands.

These are great suggestions for boosting this weapon's damage. I might be inclined to pair with the Lukari set because of the Electrical damage boost, but my intentions were to use it with other sets. Nonetheless, utilizing other sources of all damage boost will most likely be the way to go with this weapon. Thank you for the suggestion. :smile:
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    A weapon with both knockback.. and reduced damage over distance..

Brilliant.

Maybe I want to kill my enemies as slowly as possible! Did you think about that?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I like the design they used, even if it is a recolor of the Terran withering disruptor rifle. Yet this weapon does feel a bit too generic, though I will say I find it weird that it is given at a rare grade than the more common purple vary rare quality grade. I like the regular fire of the weapon, but do feel the secondary fire is a bit lacking an would have been nice to have something a bit different. Like maybe something like the Herald staff weapon from the lobi store with it firing that functions in a shorter range version showing a lightning-orb.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Don't forget its other charm point all - unlike regular pulsewaves, its secondary is an exploit which synergises well with grenade spamming (piezo electric grenade anyone?) Tacs with a trait for example

Its likely the dot and the fact it can abuse the expose/exploit dynamic that has resulted in its lower secondary power as an exploit secondary pulsewave with a normal pulsewaves power would be brutal beyond belief should the target be exposed
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Had a run in Voth BZ with this weapon made epic on my tact and have to say meh, going back to my K-13 23rd KDF disrupter assault rifle. Sompek has pretty effects but not the right weapon for me. Lukari wrist lance fresh out the rep store at mk xiii far better than this pulsewave.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    You guys are welcome. I really wanted to enjoy this gun at Epic especially since I had gotten it for 20 characters. Like others, I also wanted to see if upgrading it would be worth doing on those other characters as well.

Twenty characters?
    full.gif
    I only could handle 4...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

Twenty characters?
    full.gif
    I only could handle 4...

Yup. Twenty characters. I think this will be the last time I do that many. It's too time consuming; plus, putting together private teams has become a pain because of other players' expectations. Don't get me wrong, I love the Dil, but for me, it's not worth all that work.