test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devore Warship

I sure hope Star Trek Online will include this Devore Warship eventually. Come on PWE, CBS, & Cryptic work on it & get it going & done. I just viewed a TrekYards episodes on YouYube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md1FR9i4kYE that was a follow-up from a previous episode about this vessel. This ship is amazing in visuals, & I would think very appealing to STO players/customers. It makes me want to watch Voyager's "Counterpoint" episode. Also, as the two gents discussed in the TrekYards episode I guess in the "Counterpoint" episode there was also a shuttle & a brief description about the Devore themselves so an expansion about a Devore story line could be done by Cryptic since the Devore weren't used again sadly based on their discussion. This seems like an awesome ship. I wish it would be introduced as an event ship but experiencing how Cryptic likes to do things I'm sure a R&D Pack Promotional or a Lock Box would be popular therefore cha-ching for Cryptic. Of course, especially recently, that can depend upon BOFFs layout, consoles, & statistics. This Devore Warship deserves consideration.

Comments

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Cryptic cant just use someoen else's intellectual property they would have to negotiate for the rights and can be costly and legally messy
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Initially, I read this thread title as "Devil Worship." :o

LOL
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    While I'm not particularly fond of the design, that skin would probably look nice with an Honor Guard Shield.

I'm certainly not opposed to its inclusion, but it's not on the top of my list. (A Klingon Sci/Raider is.)
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    T-6 Vorcha/Torkaht FIRST!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    T-6 Vorcha/Torkaht FIRST!

That would definitely be very welcomed! I''d also welcome a T6 Vor'Kang.

Cryptic cant just use someoen else's intellectual property they would have to negotiate for the rights and can be costly and legally messy

How is it someone else's intellectual property? The Devore Warship was used in Season 5 Episode 10 of Voyager.
    Post edited by nommo#5819 on
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

How is it someone else's intellectual property? The Devore Warship was used in Season 5 Episode 10 of Voyager.

CBS holds that right and Cryptic could request the use of this ship model, if CBS gives it's blessing then this ship could find it's way into the game, probably as a lock box ship.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Given CBS' track record, though, I don't see it happening. I mean, we still only have the one Vulcan ship even though we've gotten several in Enterprise, one in the TNG movies and one in the Prime/Kelvin-verse.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i wouldn't hold to the idea it is impossible, i thought the idea of keeping some form of realism with the prime universe over a year ago was something to fight for, but since then we got the alternate constitution class :tongue: and that dreadnaught, as well a t6 connie with the 1701 refit and the Miranda t6.

there is a good possibility that a devore warship could find itself in the lockbox some point in the future.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Given CBS' track record, though, I don't see it happening. I mean, we still only have the one Vulcan ship even though we've gotten several in Enterprise, one in the TNG movies and one in the Prime/Kelvin-verse.

But we do have Malon, APU, Hirogen, Hazari and Benthan ships. I don't see how the Devore would be any different.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Devore_warship

I will admit that the refractive shielding (cloak/MES embedded in Shield) looks interesting. Visually not a bad ship either.
    Current focus seems to go towards the gamma quadrant and not for another round in the delta quadrant so even if it is eventually introduced it'll be a pretty long wait.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Is it supposed to look like a dinosaur's footprint from the top? Or is it just me?
    Initially, I read this thread title as "Devil Worship." :o

LOL

I guess we know what's at the top of your mind! :D
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Dev said that it's been close to being in game twice so far, sauce:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/6uaou9/do_you_think_we_will_ever_get_the_devore_warship/dlrf05t/
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Oh wow, nice link & thanks. That puts a little more hope into it one day being in STO . That Amarie ship from TNG had less backstory & less time on screen & they did that so I would think this could be done, & if they wanted more than just a ship I'm sure Cryptic's creative writers could add more to the Voyager Devore backstory lineage too given CBS's approval.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Oh wow, nice link & thanks. That puts a little more hope into it one day being in STO . That Amarie ship from TNG had less backstory & less time on screen & they did that so I would think this could be done, & if they wanted more than just a ship I'm sure Cryptic's creative writers could add more to the Voyager Devore backstory lineage too given CBS's approval.
    Lots of things "could" be done, the question is if they will. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg