test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Competitve War Game devices

I was chatting with a few players last night and the discussion was about the competitive war games devices. The conservation was why can't we use those devices in other STFs. Why are they limited to the competitive war game STFs only. I explained that we already have the capacity to craft turrets, craft jevonite for a temporary buff to hull, and etc. Would I like see this stuff be used for other STFs, heck yes but unlikely. What do tou guys think
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    i rather they add some ec value to those items... like 20k ec each...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think they're supposed to be PvP/Competative PvE only
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They're useless and I wish there was an option to not receive them at all.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Mine all got dumped....zero chance of seriously using them in PvP
  • Options
    dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    Mine all got dumped....zero chance of seriously using them in PvP
    Exactly, even when I do content where I could use them, I don't.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Mine all got dumped... zero chance of using them in PvP, and a thorough waste of precious inventory space.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > It's best that everyone just puts the """ competitive """ rep behind them it was a dark period for sto all around.

I just wanted accolade for completing it and two components for a higher hull om my ship. Besides that I agree with you
  • Options
    redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    They take up far too much valuable storage space for a bound to character item. Extremely narrow use combined with the multiple slots wasted and not being able to combine among toons makes this a triple fail system. They might just be useful if you pvp a lot, but I'd guess that a majority of players just discard them immediately and I'm wondering if the devs responsible for the system realize that.
  • Options
    > @redspecter23 said:
    > They take up far too much valuable storage space for a bound to character item. Extremely narrow use combined with the multiple slots wasted and not being able to combine among toons makes this a triple fail system. They might just be useful if you pvp a lot, but I'd guess that a majority of players just discard them immediately and I'm wondering if the devs responsible for the system realize that.

I think eventually the devs may have no choice to make them be useable in PVE. It is a shame, but the competitive war games STFs were just a one time thing
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    I think eventually the devs may have no choice to make them be useable in PVE. It is a shame, but the competitive war games STFs were just a one time thing

Yeah, people are not going to like me say it, but I think, at heart, STO has always been a PvE game. Competitive PvE shows that the attempt at rekindling PvP was fail. I laud their efforts, and I think those who PvP ought to be counting their blessings, and be glad Cryptic even tried; but it's over; resources were spent in vain, and people moved on. Time Cryptic did too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Yeah, people are not going to like me say it, but I think, at heart, STO has always been a PvE game. Competitive PvE shows that the attempt at rekindling PvP was fail. I laud their efforts, and I think those who PvP ought to be counting their blessings, and be glad Cryptic even tried; but it's over; resources were spent in vain, and people moved on. Time Cryptic did too.
    1. Competitive PvE is quite successful (still far more players in those queues than, for example, the lukari queues ever had)
    2. CPvE still has almost nothing to do with PvP
    3. That doesn't change the fact the consumables are stupid waste of space
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Anyone know the stack limit on these items ? Just curious if they stack up to 999, 250, 50 or 20
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    > @taylor1701d said:
    > Anyone know the stack limit on these items ? Just curious if they stack up to 999, 250, 50 or 20

Over 50 as I know right now. I don't have many of them
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Yeah this trash devices are a pain to deal with. Another mini-timegate to deal with ...
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    > @taylor1701d said:
    > Anyone know the stack limit on these items ? Just curious if they stack up to 999, 250, 50 or 20

Over 50 as I know right now. I don't have many of them

Thank you sir. so I guess its either 250 or 999...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > I tried to use one of them the other day in the sompek thing and somone told me they didn't work in anything.
    >
    > My god, what a joke.
    >
    > Delete the trash items, reclaim your valuable inventory space.

They only work on competitive war games STFs.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Look, even getting rid of then at a 100 Ec is a fair price.. they have no value!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This entire Reputation was a one-off. In the past, Reputations dropped every six months. This one followed on the Lukari in about three months. The drops are terrible, the Store has worthless content. The only redeeming thing that can drop out of the Reputation Level Up prizes is the Strategums.

One my one Character that I ran CW Queues many times, Binary Circuit Elite, I had started keeping the VR drops only. I since deleted them as well. That stuff could take up about a dozen Inventory slots and they would intrude on your Tray as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns