test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What song do you play when kicking butt in game

I was just curious what my fellow players play as background music when kicking a.. in game. When killing NPC's in game i have my whiskey on the rocks and AC/DC playing.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Rip and Tear for ground, Danger Zone for space
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
      For the ground... :D

"Computer, overcompensate!"
      Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      That song about a British tar :p

Actually I don't listen to music while playing. I have sound turned off most of the time, only turning it on when there's a (new) episode with voice overs or when I just want to hear the mission for a change.
    • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      I'm not sure I can name only a single song. :D

Most of the time I have my entire music collection (3200+ songs) on shuffle when I'm playing STO. Or I just pick an album and listen it from the start to the end.

Now, the song count might seem like a big number, but it really isn't.
      It only encompasses entire album collection of Anthrax, Bangles, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Queen, Roger Waters, Rush, Saxon, Slayer, The Smiths, Status Quo, Vennaskond, and Yes.
      As well as 7 first albums by Accept, 5 first albums by Helloween, 4 first by Marillion, 6 first by Queensryche and 3 first Taylor Swift albums.
    • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
      > @tunebreaker said:
      > I'm not sure I can name only a single song. :D
      >
      > Most of the time I have my entire music collection (3200+ songs) on shuffle when I'm playing STO. Or I just pick an album and listen it from the start to the end.
      >
      > Now, the song count might seem like a big number, but it really isn't.
      > It only encompasses entire album collection of Anthrax, Bangles, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Queen, Roger Waters, Rush, Saxon, Slayer, The Smiths, Status Quo, Vennaskond, and Yes.
      > As well as 7 first albums by Accept, 5 first albums by Helloween, 4 first by Marillion, 6 first by Queensryche and 3 first Taylor Swift albums.

Very nice selection of music.
      Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      When I'm in a butt kicking mood, I play my old RP group's theme song--especially when I'm in my Defiant--because it's awesome! ;)

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
      I'm not sure I can name only a single song. :D

Most of the time I have my entire music collection (3200+ songs) on shuffle when I'm playing STO. Or I just pick an album and listen it from the start to the end.

Now, the song count might seem like a big number, but it really isn't.
      It only encompasses entire album collection of Anthrax, Bangles, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Queen, Roger Waters, Rush, Saxon, Slayer, The Smiths, Status Quo, Vennaskond, and Yes.
      As well as 7 first albums by Accept, 5 first albums by Helloween, 4 first by Marillion, 6 first by Queensryche and 3 first Taylor Swift albums.

You had me until Taylor Swift. :P

Then again, I'm much the same as I just put my playlist on random and let it go. And my music tastes are eclectic, at least to my friends, although it does lean more towards hard rock/heavy metal. "Weird" Al Yankovic, Skrillex, Metallica, Dream Theater, 2 Steps From Hell, BabyMetal, Daft Punk, Celldweller, Rammstein, various soundtracks (Iron Eagle, Tron Legacy and Uprising, Red Planet, Star Trek First Contact...) Sevendust, Sting, Staind, Disturbed, Fiona Apple, Alterbridge, Shinedown, Korn, John Tesh, Chevelle, and Animals as Leaders.

I don't have my music going all the time though, some days I just like to listen to the game.
      Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
      Some good choices, (well maybe not Taylor Swift......... >:) )

I would add, KMFDM and Ministry as goood fight music, Soundtracks I enjoy are any of the Resident evil movies and Suckerpunch, (tales from the crypt:Demon Knight is also good). If I'm in a more whimsical mood, Lords of Acid, Thrill Kill Kult, and The Reverend Horton Heat do the trick.

What sometimes works is J-pop and Anime soundtracks, but they can be very hit or miss (Ghost in the Shell remixes work well). I do not suggest putting the Idolmaster or LoveLive albums on shuffle (87 and 164 albums respectfully), they don't fit well and take up a lot of my Ipod classics memory.
      gHF1ABR.jpg
    • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      You know, most people know Taylor through her 4th and 5th albums, Red and 1989 (that I don't have in my collection) - those are heavily mainstream pop oriented, and especially 1989 very computerized.

Meanwhile, her earlier stuff is very great, good mix of country, pop and rock. Speak Now in particular is absolutely stunning album, one of my favourites.

P.S. Oops, seems like I wrote Roger Waters, while I was thinking of Pink Floyd earlier. I can only hope David Gilmour doesn't visit these forums. :D
    • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
      Phish Mix - Space Funk 3.0 B)
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      Ace Combat music fits quite well here, as can material from Final Fantasy. More 'fitting' in terms of genre, though, would be things like Mass Effect, Homeworld, or House of the Dying Sun (this last is available direct from source for the low, low price of zero).
    • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
      Locomotive Breath is the ultimate PvP song.

But I have hearing issues so I generally don't listen to anything while I play any more.
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      Nothing specific really. The vast majority of the time when I play STO I am not listing to music.

The On the rare occasions when I do listen to music it is either Black, Death or Thrash Metal. Or I listen to music that is more orchestral like trailer music or sound tracks. It could even be music from other games such as the following...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWXucLie680
      Post edited by jaguarskx on
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      Either 'Waltzing Matilda', 'The Battle Cry of Freedom', 'The Yellow Rose of Texas', or 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'. That is if I even listen to anything. ;)
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
      P.S. Oops, seems like I wrote Roger Waters, while I was thinking of Pink Floyd earlier. I can only hope David Gilmour doesn't visit these forums. :D
      You can always listen to Roger as well. The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking isn't really suitable, as its overall concept virtually demands that the songs always be listened to in order, but Radio KAOS can be shuffled out of order without a problem, in my experience. (Haven't listened to Amused To Death yet, though...)
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
      Netflix. I listen to Netflix.​​
      signature.png
      We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
      Network engineers are not ship designers.
      Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
      No music whatsoever while really playing this game. It may happen (rarely) during arduous tasks like doffing/admiralty through all toons or junior officer appreciation when I still did it. Othewise it's the STO sound or turned off.
      Helloween

Can't say I'm really impressed by the 3200, but this gets a couple bonus points from me. Only band from my place to ever make it big. (Pink Bubbles Go Ape is questionable though. The two Keeper albums more than make up for it. Oh, and Accept is a nice one, too.)
      My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
      risian4 wrote: »
      Actually I don't listen to music while playing. I have sound turned off most of the time, only turning it on when there's a (new) episode with voice overs or when I just want to hear the mission for a change.

Yeah, this.

(Generally in games, I either listen to the in-game audio, or nothing. About the only time I've ever queue'd up something else, it was during some kind of super-grind.... like an endless tower defense game, or farming some super-tedious early-WoW reputation.)
    • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one...

...especially with all the JJ enthusiasts. :p
      18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
      I don't play anything at all. It masks the sounds of the explosions. But if I did, it would be "Yakety Sax" a la The Benny Hill Show. Not an episode of Benny Hill, but something that actually happened.
      boldly-watched.png
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
      valoreah wrote: »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      I did play this one when I did the boss fights in the temporal arc,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zev79FxRjO4
      and this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzFh9GuE0rA
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
        Sometimes I listen to totally inappropriate music for the situation, and sometimes I listen to Ghostbusters music or Stargate or Pacific Rim...
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
        Something from Ahktu and Melota.
        i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
        original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!