test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with a canon ground build.

A bit of background, I play FED, only use phasers (I don't PVP just PVE)

My Maco set's starting to feel a little weak and like it's not doing as much damage as it should be, can anyone recommend some different phaser ground gear? Is the Fleet stuff any good? (My fleet is max levelled in all areas)
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I like the Fleet Armor myself.

A bunch of guys in my Fleet were running with it, and I recently started using it with very good results. Most use the Advanced Fleet Armor with [ResAll]x2 [HP] [CrtD]. Gives you some nice resists plus huge critical damage. Generally run that with the Na'Kuhl 2 pc set (Shield and Gun.) I don't use the Gun, it kinda sucks.. I just keep it equipped for the 2 pc. The 2pc bonus with the Na'Kuhl set is super tanky.. it gives you a nice mix of Offense and Defense. Your main weapon is purely up to you, whatever you like, if you like your Phaser Rifle then it's all good there.

I have used this on my Tactical and Engineering officers with really good results. My Fleet does regular Elite Ground missions and this is my normal setup for those. I use the weapon of my choice as a primary and keep a TR-116B in my inventory for Borg.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Fleet ground weapons aren't too bad. I used a split beam for a long time.

If you want a canon looking weapon, the Delta Rep's Compression Phaser Rifle could be useful. Looks like the Voyager fork rifle, primary fire is an 4 shot autorifle, secondary shifts between wide beam and mini orbital strike (when target is exposed).
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Compression_Phaser_Rifle

If you don't mind a green beam, the Counter Command Phaser Rifle might be a good choice too. Primary is a basic beam, secondary is a sustained beam for a few seconds with a delayed AoE.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Counter-Command_Bio-Molecular_Phaser_Rifle

Also... there is the Adapted MACO set, with the pulsewave. Still have the remod ability, but you also have the secondary Grenade Launcher.
    Adapted MACO <- is a link
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Thanks man I completely forgot about the Voyager rifle being in game, how do I get one (my Delta Rep is almost non existent despite having completed the campaign!) Are they on the exchange?
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    No. You have to build up your Delta Rep to Tier 3 by either doing Patrols in the Delta Quadrant or doing anything that gives Delta Marks. Once you have marks you can start doing the daily rep project to build it up. Once you hit T3, you will need... 500 Delta Marks, 5 Ancient Power Cells (Elite Delta mark item which can be earned by doing at least Advanced queues), 9000 Dilithium, and 40,000 ECs.

Or you can just wait until you hit T5 Delta, claim the resources for hitting T5, then use them for the rifle and have some DL left over for whatever.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)