What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Klingon Diversity Please

13»

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    some made it into the game, like the dagger my characters are wearing in that screenshot. Not sure if it was ever fully completed tho
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    back to the OP, and I did not read ll three pages, so forgive me if I repeat. I'd settle for a full color palette for the clothing
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    Whatever happened to all those Klingon character model and texture updates the Devs posted a while back? Did they ever make it into the game?

I'd really love the new hairstyles we've seen on Martok and such made available.

It's a work in progress, as far as I understand. It's slow going, because they don't have many character artists and they've obviously got newer stuff to get out as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    jonsills wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's especially annoying as nearly every Klingon in TNG and DS9 has the same hair style, the one that's now ingame on Martok. And yet players still can't use it. Mind you we can't even give KDF players a single complete canon uniform (other than the KT one), not a single one!
    Sure you can. Classic Tunic, then go for the high-tucked pants and it defaults to Chainmail. Recolor the tank-top part of the tunic to a medium green, make the turtleneck dark, take away the gauntlets, and tada! A TOS Klingon uniform, lacking only the little tabs on the turtleneck! (Remember that in TOS, only the CO gets the TOS sash...)
    1. If you are talking about a pure TOS uniform then it's missing the fanged badge, the standard two gold pips worn above the vest on the turtleneck, and the multi-coloured rank pips (seen in Day of the Dove) that the NPCs have.
    2. If you're including TAS as the same uniform, then it's missing the purple/pink colour pallet, the trapezoid gold pips, the basic female skirt, and a blue-grey colour pallet for the tunic and pants (which are the same as the TOS Starfleet ones).
    3. Also (unlike Starfleet) the female Klingons do not have access to the standard pants (still better than the Romulans where the females don't have access to any of the standard TOS parts, only the female variant) only the top and boots.
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I mentioned this before, but I would really like more TUC Klingon items. I always liked these uniforms, as well as some of the more unique uniforms and sashes like Chang's and Kerla's. There are also little details like Kerla's braids I would like to see. Perhaps as a hair option? I always thought it was funny that the Kelvin Klingon was called a "Blingon" as if he was the first to ever wear any kind of jewelry.

tuchd0510.jpg
    tuchd0508.jpg
    tuchd0917.jpg
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I'd like to see wider color palatte for the clothes, more hair options, such as something similar to Miral Paris' hairstyle, and the free, wavy hair of Duras' sisters. Also, more ridge options would be nice, even if at the very least, just House Duras ridges :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's especially annoying as nearly every Klingon in TNG and DS9 has the same hair style, the one that's now ingame on Martok. And yet players still can't use it. Mind you we can't even give KDF players a single complete canon uniform (other than the KT one), not a single one!
    Sure you can. Classic Tunic, then go for the high-tucked pants and it defaults to Chainmail. Recolor the tank-top part of the tunic to a medium green, make the turtleneck dark, take away the gauntlets, and tada! A TOS Klingon uniform, lacking only the little tabs on the turtleneck! (Remember that in TOS, only the CO gets the TOS sash...)
    1. If you are talking about a pure TOS uniform then it's missing the fanged badge, the standard two gold pips worn above the vest on the turtleneck, and the multi-coloured rank pips (seen in Day of the Dove) that the NPCs have.
    2. If you're including TAS as the same uniform, then it's missing the purple/pink colour pallet, the trapezoid gold pips, the basic female skirt, and a blue-grey colour pallet for the tunic and pants (which are the same as the TOS Starfleet ones).
    3. Also (unlike Starfleet) the female Klingons do not have access to the standard pants (still better than the Romulans where the females don't have access to any of the standard TOS parts, only the female variant) only the top and boots.
    ​​
    Females get a shorts variant of the pants.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I hope the NPC's get the new uniform one day. Starfleet NPC's have had their new uniform for a long time now.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Females get a shorts variant of the pants.

Well yeah, but those are part of their variant of the uniform anyway.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I'd like to see wider color palatte for the clothes, more hair options, such as something similar to Miral Paris' hairstyle, and the free, wavy hair of Duras' sisters. Also, more ridge options would be nice, even if at the very least, just House Duras ridges :sunglasses:

The color palette issue for clothing is long overdue to be addressed. I wish there was a single color palette for all costume items across the board for all Factions.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

The color palette issue for clothing is long overdue to be addressed. I wish there was a single color palette for all costume items across the board for all Factions.
    It would make sense... My only other beef with the color palette, is that on some female templates, the hair and eyebrow color options locks to the same color :neutral:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options

It would make sense... My only other beef with the color palette, is that on some female templates, the hair and eyebrow color options locks to the same color :neutral:

That issue can happen between costume pieces as well. The only "solution" I've found for it is to hit the randomize button to break the lock, but then you have to start all over again.
    GrWzQke.png