test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Therealblackkaos

therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
Does anyone else have a problem where their Captain Specialization abilities do not unlock on PS4? I've got the prerequisites points spent but the ability to add skills to my bridge officers don't unlock.

Answers

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    This might be a dumb question but did you change maps and tried again? Sometimes skills/specializations need map change to refresh.
  • sonic7870#8477 sonic7870 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Forgive me for asking this but where exactly were you when you encountered this particular problem? I know from experience that certain maps won't allow changes of skills like defera invasion zone. Also when it came to your boff skills I'm assuming that you had promoted them in order to attempt skill changes of any sort.

Salori (Fed Tactical) - 60
    Kitanca (KDF Science) - 53
    Jon (23c Fed Science) - 7
  • blackkaos2057blackkaos2057 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    On my Captain's Specialization screen, for each point that I've spent, the bar up top progresses forward( Tier 1, Tier 2, etc.). And when the bar moves, each speciality is supposed to unlock ( add green Specialization bridge officer abilities, etc.). Mine, after spending the prerequisite points, the ability associated with each Tier asses hasn't unlocked so I can't train my bridge officers with Temporal, Commando, etc( and yes I have Bridge Officers with those Specializations and they are all Promoted to their highest rank). I'm just trying to figure out what am I doing wrong or is it a glitch?
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Sounds like some prerequisites are not being fulfilled and you can't train your boffs or it is a rare bug you're experiencing. On the other hand, it only unlocks the ability to train them.

Did you apply the Specialization manual to your Boffs in either of those specializations?

If so, you still need to craft/purchase the training manuals for each skill, as the spec. tree only unlocks the ability to train them.

Btw, what is bugged is that the points on the bar say "Not unlocked" but if you look to the right panel for each Specialization, there you get the real picture/summary as there the unlocks show correctly.