test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't de-cloak

I keep getting stuck in cloak on various ships/maps, Once stuck their is no way to get out.

Comments

• Options
    abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Hi, we've been investigating this report from other players as well. If someone could provide a link to a video of this behavior, it would really help us out!
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The only times this has ever happened to me were when I began a Demorecord after cloaking. That will definitely get you stuck in cloaked mode.
    But I don't know if that has any relevance to PS4, because Demorecord is a PC thing.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Spam (click a lot of times and very quickly - at least 3-4 times) the cloak key, it will work, it work for me !!!
    This fix work too for all ships with dual mode like T6 Lifetime, Kolasi, or to recall a separated ship ...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi, we've been investigating this report from other players as well. If someone could provide a link to a video of this behavior, it would really help us out!

You don't need a video for this, know just that sometime (time to time) that bug happen, and we are stuck in cloak... Several fix exists (for Romulan, use any singularity ability), for other than Romulan, and Romulan too, spam the cloak functionality and you it will de-cloack.
    That is an old bug, it is said you Cryptic have already fixed it, but as many STO bugs, when you fix one you broke something else !!!
    You Cryptic developers should really do a better and careful debugging for STO, because all my Dual Mode ships (T6/T5 lifetime Destroyers, Dyson ships, Kolasi, and all dual mode ships, but also Kara/Yamato with separation console have the same type of bug, if the ship is separated and you want to recall the 2nd ship, you have to spam the separation key to recall it correctly, and for the T6 Lifetime or Dyson science ships when in tactical mode you must spam science mode function to have it work properly)...

This bug is as old as cloak is, or dual mode ships... That is not a new bug, it exist since those ships exist...
    May be one day, in 30 years or 50 may be, you will fix it correctly, but now we have a fix, so it is not a big big problem... Just a matter of comfort ^^ You probably have more important things to work on...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Djtrvl and ABSTRUSREJOINDER (Cryptic Staff) Have you read this topic ? It could help you both, you the player, it will help you play and have fun with cloak capable ships, and you the developper it will help you may be to found some similitudes within those ships and bug and may be fix them
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13257121
  • Options
    adam#6369 adam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"djtrvl#5889" said:
    > I keep getting stuck in cloak on various ships/maps, Once stuck their is no way to get out.

I can't believe this was posted in 2017 and it's still an issue today. They'll get no more money off me until they start fixing this TRIBBLE
  • Options
    thraxxis#7309 thraxxis Member Posts: 2 New User
    So from what I am reading here, this has been an issue since 2017!?!?
    Still no fix?
    Seriously, c'mon guys.
    What is the point of having a cloakable ship if you can not use it?
    Using the battel cloak for ambush is a big part of my particular game play strategy.
    It is ridiculous that this issue has not been addressed in YEARS!

This needs to be fixed!
  • Options
    dogofwar1138#6888 dogofwar1138 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I joined the forum recently to report, among other things, this very issue. I wish I could provide a video, but I don't have a youtube or facebook account. Just trust me on this.

Sometimes the cloak works just like it's supposed to. And that's great.

Other times, you cloak once or twice and can't decloak again (spamming the button doesn't do a thing for me). Interacting with an object will deactivate it, but in many patrols and TFOs there are no objects to interact with. When you're stuck, you're stuck.

Trying to complete the Klingon Recruit challenge of destroying X number of ships from ambush, i.e. out of cloaking, is a nightmare when it gets stuck every other mission. You literally can't rack up any kills without decloaking.

Don't you have a PlayStation somewhere there that you can fire up and pilot a BoP for a couple hours, just cloaking and decloaking? I'm almost certain you will find the bug, or it will find you.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    post removed
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I joined the forum recently to report, among other things, this very issue. I wish I could provide a video, but I don't have a youtube or facebook account. Just trust me on this.

Other times, you cloak once or twice and can't decloak again (spamming the button doesn't do a thing for me). Interacting with an object will deactivate it, but in many patrols and TFOs there are no objects to interact with. When you're stuck, you're stuck.

Trying to complete the Klingon Recruit challenge of destroying X number of ships from ambush, i.e. out of cloaking, is a nightmare when it gets stuck every other mission. You literally can't rack up any kills without decloaking.

Don't you have a PlayStation somewhere there that you can fire up and pilot a BoP for a couple hours, just cloaking and decloaking? I'm almost certain you will find the bug, or it will find you.

it's not that simple dude unfortunately. believe me I wish it was. I would love to see this one get squashed as would the dev above. if you have any video of what's going on when it occurs for you I would love to see it as perhaps it could reveal something new.

Also, can you shoot me your build details for the ship you're using when you notice this issue the most. By this I would need to know what ship you're using, it's gear setup, boff powers, starship traits, personal traits, and the like. I intend to look for odd interactions that could be triggering the bug
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    dogofwar1138#6888 dogofwar1138 Member Posts: 33 Arc User

it's not that simple dude unfortunately. believe me I wish it was. I would love to see this one get squashed as would the dev above. if you have any video of what's going on when it occurs for you I would love to see it as perhaps it could reveal something new.

Also, can you shoot me your build details for the ship you're using when you notice this issue the most. By this I would need to know what ship you're using, it's gear setup, boff powers, starship traits, personal traits, and the like. I intend to look for odd interactions that could be triggering the bug

I believe you that it's not that simple. I do wish I had some way to post you a video, but I have no facebook or whatever accounts and I don't think you want to pm me a PSN ID so I can send you a video clip.

I've encountered it on literally every Klngon ship I've ever flown, the original (before I even knew how to set up boff abilities, etc) was the T6 Kor variant BoP, with standard disruptors and torpedo as equipped. I was a mere Level 4 character at the time I believe, the first time you're able to go to the Shipyard I bought and equipped the ship. It's to the point where I seldom bother trying to cloak anymore.

When I have a moment between grinding my Fed captain's factions I'll try to switch again and give some details of my current builds.