What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A toast: To Elisa Flores(es)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    I didn't mind Tovan....kept him around...but then I still have old man D'Vex running my engine room even though he *gasp* doesn't have SRO. Eliza got a makeover to look like an adult by my one Fed that isn't AoY.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    ioneon wrote: »
    My Feddies predate that trollop.

This ^^^

as far as tovan khev? my rom is cursed with him i think it was Khev clone #234562098123
    so he eats lea based paint chips ,sniffs glue , paints using the stuff in his own diaper, and wears a depends on his head O.o
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I might have to pick up a female Rom boff from the Embassy & name it Rinna Khev just for fun.
    Do it :sunglasses: I made n engineering boff of her for the crew after her rescue ;)

IMG_1738_zpsxiryp8s7.jpg
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ellie and Kek, transfixed by the viewscreen :D:D:D

IMG_1735_zpss0hydn7n.jpg

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Part of why I did the thing with making Tovan on Fed toons is because I see my characters as all being from different quantum realities, so each one is THE hero no matter what faction. So after the Alliance forms Tovan is assigned as an exchange officer, I'm also likely to make a K'gan for them too
    I like the idea, that should make for a pretty cool away-team :sunglasses:

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Ive done the 'make a rinna' once myself, gave her hair tho. Only thing I never liked about TNG+ Romulans was their bowl cut
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Ive done the 'make a rinna' once myself, gave her hair tho. Only thing I never liked about TNG+ Romulans was their bowl cut

Maybe it's the equivalent of those goofy buzzcuts in the military?
    We see some with longer hair now and again.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I have to admit I like Elisa Flores too.

Usually I just make a few tweaks to her in the tailor once the tutorial is done. (Brown eyes, black hair ect.) Then give her the space and ground skills I need her to have then she stays with my captain as the first officer for the rest of the game. On a couple of my Starfleet characters I discharged her then recreated her as Eliza Flores but she's still the first officer. I have to admit her attitude did annoy me a couple times during the tutorial but not enough to cause me to dislike her.

K'Gan needs very little tweaking in the tailor. Usually all I do is edit the uniform so it fits my KDF captain's strict dress code. I always found him to be a reliable first officer. Practical, reliable, respectful, efficient. Everything I would expect from a Klingon bridge officer.

Tovan..... Well. Overall I don't mind him too much. It helps that he pretty much went silent after Rinna was discovered but before that most of the time he wasn't too bad. I admit I grew really tired of his almost constant whining about finding his sister, badgering my Romulan Captain and attempting to usurp her authority on more than one occasion. Those few times we could ignore him and go against his suggestions were.... satisfying.

But there were times when Tovan seemed to completely take over the story and it was more about him and Charva than it was about the player character. I absolutely loathed the whole "Charva arc" since it was all about her being an ex of Tovan leading us on a wild goose chase after his sister. We wasted several missions and endangered the whole ship and crew chasing after Rinna at Charva's behest. I would have rather given him a shuttle or my old T'Liss and told him to go follow up Charva's leads on his own while I took care of real, legitimate Romulan Republic business!

After the Elachi arc was done with, I demoted Tovan to chief security officer and put a custom made BOFF as first officer in his place. I'd probably kick him off the ship entirely if I were able.
  • Options
    My aim, was to keep her as accurate to her seen image as possible (and on a personal level, I think short hair on women looks great) which I guess is a little at odds with me changing Ellie's appearance :D

• Options
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I have to admit I like Elisa Flores too.

Usually I just make a few tweaks to her in the tailor once the tutorial is done. (Brown eyes, black hair ect.) Then give her the space and ground skills I need her to have then she stays with my captain as the first officer for the rest of the game. On a couple of my Starfleet characters I discharged her then recreated her as Eliza Flores but she's still the first officer. I have to admit her attitude did annoy me a couple times during the tutorial but not enough to cause me to dislike her.

K'Gan needs very little tweaking in the tailor. Usually all I do is edit the uniform so it fits my KDF captain's strict dress code. I always found him to be a reliable first officer. Practical, reliable, respectful, efficient. Everything I would expect from a Klingon bridge officer.

Tovan..... Well. Overall I don't mind him too much. It helps that he pretty much went silent after Rinna was discovered but before that most of the time he wasn't too bad. I admit I grew really tired of his almost constant whining about finding his sister, badgering my Romulan Captain and attempting to usurp her authority on more than one occasion. Those few times we could ignore him and go against his suggestions were.... satisfying.

But there were times when Tovan seemed to completely take over the story and it was more about him and Charva than it was about the player character. I absolutely loathed the whole "Charva arc" since it was all about her being an ex of Tovan leading us on a wild goose chase after his sister. We wasted several missions and endangered the whole ship and crew chasing after Rinna at Charva's behest. I would have rather given him a shuttle or my old T'Liss and told him to go follow up Charva's leads on his own while I took care of real, legitimate Romulan Republic business!

After the Elachi arc was done with, I demoted Tovan to chief security officer and put a custom made BOFF as first officer in his place. I'd probably kick him off the ship entirely if I were able.
    Don't forget, it's not a Picard/Riker kind of dynamic. Tovan and The Player, are old friends. This is you going on an adventure with your best friend, getting caught up in events, and luck of the draw giving you command of the ship rather than them. They may have signed up to some paramilitary organization, but the dynamic remains one of equal friends, not Commander and Subordinate. I think that's a subtle, but necessary difference which many people forget, and are just so used to their Player Captain being the Big Cheese on the other factions, they fall into the trap of the same mindset with the Romulan arc ;)

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Romulans with buzz-cuts, 'man-buns', and the like will guarantee that if they ever beam down to New Romulus they will be yawning and just standing about. You will have to admonish them to get them to do a bloody thing. :)

P.S. Given the NPCs down there that do that consistently, the updates to New Romulus will NEVER get done. :'(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    My Reman alt has an all=Reman bridgle crew, so Tovan kinda spoils this, so I've made him wear rags. Nowadays, he stays stays on my bridge, occasionally polishing my viewscreen, as well as cleaning stomped Romulan brains off my boot heel...with his tongue.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    the whole concept of Tovan is an insult to the imperial star empire. 'it's' presence on my boff crew is a relic & reminder of what happens when my gaming RP immersion is twisted.

'it' is also a worthless ground ghoul that repeatedly dies in battle in those few leveling moments it dares beam down with quality equipment, so the problem with it isn't just cosmetic.

Cheers to Elisa Flores. I should name my Human boff KDF & RSE sympathisers in her honor.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    7dSe3R7.jpg

"Mission: What Lies Beneath. Starring Elisa Flores."
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿