test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to unlock the new floaters/powerboards?

So I came back recently to do the summer event and wanted to try the new floaters and powerboards that are out, but I can't figure out how to unlock them. My fleet mates said they already had them unlocked some kind of way so I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to unlock them.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    You must do the Biathon and make it at least 3rd place to unlock the new floaters and powerboards. Coming 3rd will only unlock the bronze versions. Finishing in 2nd place unlocks bronze and silver. Coming in 1st place will unlock all of them.

Note: These new items are only superior quality. That is not a problem for the floater, but epic quality powerboards can be purchased for 1500 favors. You can showoff your superior bronze, silver or gold powerboard, but if you want to win the biatholon, then you want to stick with an epic powerboard.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    If you're referring to the Gold, Silver, and Bronze floaters and boards... they're tied to your performance during the Biathalon.

To unlock them, you have to place in the top 3. And the colors correspond to medals.

1st: Gold, Silver, and Bronze floaters and Boards.
    2nd: Silver and Bronze floaters and Boards.
    3rd: Bronze floaters and Boards.

Also be aware that they are not automatically awarded to you. They are only unlocked in the summer store, and cost the same number of favors as top of the line boards and floaters already available. So about 1k favors each.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    No real reason to 'need' the locked ones, they aren't any better than the best ones you can buy. In fact, the powerboard ones are worse than the best.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • herretixherretix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Oh, ok, awesome. Thanks guys :)