test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infinity Lockbox T6 Ship Pack Suggestion

themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
I hope this is the right place for this...

Recently we've been seeing faction-specific ships in the Infinity T6 box, for example, the Kelvin Timeline Constitution/D4x/T'laru ships.

Now, we know that the ships are freely tradable when we get them, but on more than one occasion, people have wanted a specific ship only to not be able to get it because the ship pack that would contain it is on a different faction. Further complicating this is that the ship prize packs are character bound, so they can't be sent to another character.

What I propose is this:

Much like the 23rd Century Dreadnought or the 23rd Century T6 Promo pack, have the selection of ships that would normally come in as faction-specific instead be a freely-tradable or account bound pack that can be opened on any toon, giving the faction-specific ship to that toon at that point.

In other words, lets say that I have a Fed toon that gets a T6 lockbox ship, but I have a Romulan character that could use a T'laru. Under the current setup, I'm not gonna get that T'laru for the Romulan because I can only unpack the specific ship on that specific character.

However, what I propose would allow the Fed character to unpack something like a "Kelvin Timeline T6 Ship Pack", then move that pack to my account bank, log in as the Romulan, and unpack the T'laru. If I opened it on a KDF character, it would give a D4x, and if on a Fed, a Kelvin Constitution-class.

This suggestion would allow for the main ship prize packs to remain character bound while still allowing for a little bit of leeway to ensure that the players get the ship they want on the character they want.
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!