test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something Random and Probably Pointless

I was digging around the forum and I realized that I miss the old Galaxy (and other such things) Threadnoughts. Many a player came to those threads and passionately expounded upon what they thought, and many a fiery discussion erupted, much trollage, such hatred, and some good ideas.

Anyone else miss those days?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)

Comments

• mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Not really. Those threads existed for a reason. Like after the T6 Galaxy came out there was no point for that thread imho. And there is a much wider selection of ships now, very good ones, for all 3 factions, including carriers, connie and whatnot, so there isnt any point of making such threads.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Well, there's still Klingon ship threads, both here in General Discussion and Feedback -> Klingon if you're missing some of that rage and debate. Why no T6 Vor'cha? What specs should it have? Why does the T5-U D7 suck so much compared the T6? Are there seriously two Lobi ships only purchaseable by Feds? Why no full Temporal KDF-faction ships?

Probably not as active as the old why the heck does the (T5) Galaxy suck so much threads, but still rage to be had.

Also, there's still the why isn't T6 Connie, NX, and other faction ships in the C-Store threads that are still popping up.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    I guess I just miss seeing all these passionate players coming together and voicing their opinions on something they thought was a major injustice. I don't see threads like that anymore. Most of them are either troll threads (which are still highly entertaining), or pure rage threads. Not nearly as constructive as the old ones it seems.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    And then there was ol' what's-her-name, who would pick some silly little factoid, completely misinterpret it, and post a monolith of text on it just to stir things up.

I'll never forget ol' what's-her-name.
    boldly-watched.png
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    And then there was ol' what's-her-name, who would pick some silly little factoid, completely misinterpret it, and post a monolith of text on it just to stir things up.

I'll never forget ol' what's-her-name.

You don't, by any chance, refer to two page posts proving that George W. Bush himself nerfed everybody on DR which proves that chemtrails are meant to hide reptilians, because there now is a blue caracal? BLUE! CARACAL!
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    BLUE! CARACAL!

curved. swords.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Precisely.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    The Galaxy class was a bloated, deformed and temperamental cruise ship in space masquerading as a proper Starfleet vessel, plagued with constant random malfunctions and you took your life in your hands every time you stepped aboard one. We would have been better off selling them to the enemy than using them as frontline vessels.

Fight me, bro.

The Sovereign is an overrated fanwank battle ship that the only real function it has is as a battering ram.

and it's ugly. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    The Galaxy class was a bloated, deformed and temperamental cruise ship in space masquerading as a proper Starfleet vessel, plagued with constant random malfunctions and you took your life in your hands every time you stepped aboard one. We would have been better off selling them to the enemy than using them as frontline vessels.

Fight me, bro.

The Sovereign is an overrated fanwank battle ship that the only real function it has is as a battering ram.

and it's ugly. :)

I agree with both of you.

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    You know, every time I see it, smoke's sig always leaves me slightly awestruck. Excellently done 3d artwork/rendering.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I was always a vocal person concerning the Galaxy class because I had grown up watching TNG and it is, to this day, my favorite series and probably hero ship. The ship had a garbage boff layout which made it...I won't say unplayable, but it was pretty hard to work with and be effective. Anyway, I actually got a warning at one point for going a little overboard in the huge Galaxy class thread. The one with over a thousand posts and i think like 100 thousand views.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    You know, every time I see it, smoke's sig always leaves me slightly awestruck. Excellently done 3d artwork/rendering.

~Curtsy~
    Glad you like. If you ever want some art done, I take commissions with ingame stuff. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg