test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help, missing ship power.

railcarrailcar Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Leveled to 40 and picked up a Ha'Feh Assault Warbird. I'm not receiving any bonus power on it, not the ships innate +15 to weapons or the many skill points I've spent on improving my power levels.

Any simple way to reset this or get the system to recalculate?

Comments

• Options
    So I might be getting some, but it doesn't add up. This is what it looks like:

55/40 Weapons
    45/40 Shields
    40/40 Engines
    40/40 Aux

I have all the Subsystem and Warpcore skills that should add a total of +13 all as well as more power to anything under 75.

The ship has a built in +15 Weapons power.

My Impulse engines provide +weapon power as well as scaling + weapon power.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I assume you are looking at your ship's power in sector space. Sector space does not display your ship's actual power level; captain skills are not reflected. To see your ship's actual power levels you to enter orbit around a planet or space station. Or you need start a space mission.
  • Options
    Yeah I figured that one out. I can only assume it's because there is no combat there so to keep it simple they don't do the extra calculations. Still it's confusing to new players and could have been done differently...like why show power levels at all there, unless they want you to be able to adjust them in sector space...but then not knowing the final results with skills added in would make that just guesswork.

Been playing less than a week, and there aren't in game descriptions for half the mechanics, so it's a learning curve. Fortunately I am a fast learner, and there is lots of information out there on the wiki and the rest of the cat video filled vacuum tubes called the Internets.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    STO is a very complex game when it comes to mechanics. Plus it is in the tiny minority of MMO games where there is both space and ground combat system that are totally different from each other. But that's because in space you are using a starship or shuttle as opposed to a character in ground combat.

I don't play any other MMO so I cannot compare the game mechanics descriptions (or lack thereof) to other MMOs.