test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirrors and Smoke will not progress

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
Mirrors and Smoke cannot be completed on character Ak'araast@Captain_Thiraas on the initial play, and cannot be skipped to attempt a 'replay'. It has repeatedly gotten stuck at the point after fighting the Tzenkethi dreadnaught, where you protect the Reskava from three Tzenkethi frigates. The mission will not progress beyond that point, and never initiates the following conversation with the Reskava. This is approximately the 4th or 5th time I've reported this bug since the mission was added to the game.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    There is a bug with at least one of the new heavy weapons which leaves your ship stuck in a Red Alert status even after combat is over. If I remember right the Dialouge with the Reskava will not occur until after Red Alert stops. I also seem to remember one time running that mission in a weak(er) ship, the fight took me a long ways away from the area and the dialogue didn't pop up until I flew back to the proper area.

Not saying that is the problem, however it is worth checking, try the mission again, after fighting the three ships, check to see if your ship is stuck in Red Alert status, if not, make sure you are still in the same general area where it all started.

If you are stuck in Red Alert status, the only thing I have seen so far that causes it is the one heavy weapon I can't remember the name of. Either switch it out for a different one or unequip it before running the mission. If you don't have a heavy weapon and are stuck in Red Alert status....that would be cause for a bug report of it's own.

Since you state that it's happened 4-5 times it is doubtful that your ship ended up too far away from the proper area every single time, I only mention it because I seem to remember it happening to me once.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisa wrote: »
    There is a bug with at least one of the new heavy weapons which leaves your ship stuck in a Red Alert status even after combat is over. If I remember right the Dialouge with the Reskava will not occur until after Red Alert stops. I also seem to remember one time running that mission in a weak(er) ship, the fight took me a long ways away from the area and the dialogue didn't pop up until I flew back to the proper area.

Not saying that is the problem, however it is worth checking, try the mission again, after fighting the three ships, check to see if your ship is stuck in Red Alert status, if not, make sure you are still in the same general area where it all started.

If you are stuck in Red Alert status, the only thing I have seen so far that causes it is the one heavy weapon I can't remember the name of. Either switch it out for a different one or unequip it before running the mission. If you don't have a heavy weapon and are stuck in Red Alert status....that would be cause for a bug report of it's own.

Since you state that it's happened 4-5 times it is doubtful that your ship ended up too far away from the proper area every single time, I only mention it because I seem to remember it happening to me once.
    Definitely not the issue, though I appreciate the feedback. I'm using one of the KDF command cruisers, though I forget which, so no heavy weapon is involved. Definitely not stuck "in combat" either. I also made a point of coming to a stop as soon as the fight against the three frigates starts, making sure I stay in the spawn area, having seen that issue in other missions, before. Not here. It seems to be something happening specifically with the character named above. I just completed this for the first time on another character (Fed/Rom) today, and have completed it on six others of both factions before.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I actually had a toon that hadn't done that mission yet that I ran through it last night and it obviously requires being a long ways from where the fight starts to affect the dialogue as I deliberately went a ways off before killing the last ship and still got the dialogue pop up.

If nothing else, replying keeps this "fresh" so maybe someone else who has a better clue will notice it..
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    Tried again today. Same result.
  • Options
    Still broken
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Mirrors and Smoke cannot be completed on character Ak'araast@Captain_Thiraas on the initial play, and cannot be skipped to attempt a 'replay'. It has repeatedly gotten stuck at the point after fighting the Tzenkethi dreadnaught, where you protect the Reskava from three Tzenkethi frigates. The mission will not progress beyond that point, and never initiates the following conversation with the Reskava. This is approximately the 4th or 5th time I've reported this bug since the mission was added to the game.

Had the same issue, stuck at 'Clean up nearby enemy ships'. As I typed this up my Aceton Assimilators de-spawned and the response window popped up. I guess the Aceton Assimilators were being seen as enemy vessels.

• Options
    Had the same issue, stuck at 'Clean up nearby enemy ships'. As I typed this up my Aceton Assimilators de-spawned and the response window popped up. I guess the Aceton Assimilators were being seen as enemy vessels.

I eventually got past it by switching ships. I switched from the Command Cruiser to one of the Gorn Multi-mission Science vessels... WITH an Aceton Assimilator. No idea what specific change was needed, or what particular combination of ship/gear was the problem. Given the track record around here of (never) rigorously researching such things, I suspect it will never actually get fixed.