test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A sad ancient follower of the Roddenberry Universe.

124»

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    What the OP said:

DAti6Gy.jpg

You speak for yourself, not a group of people. To say otherwise, is just ego infused bull****.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Greenscreening is much cheaper than building actual sets. Amanda Tapping's show Sanctuary was filmed almost entirely with Green Screen & "virtual sets" for just that reason.
    Trials and Tribble-ations was made with greenscreening AND recreating the TOS props, sets and filming/lighting technics of the 60s for the actors when it didn't involve interaction with the fictional TOS crew. In fact, the writers mentioned they weren't sure they'd be able to do this episode with a TV series budget. And they had other ideas to make it more TOS but they were already over budget.

What i meant was using EXISTING sets and costumes from DS9, since apparently, Klingons were always supposed to look like the TOS movies/TNG/DS9 series.
    You mean like how you do with my own examples and arguments you still have ignored, while simultaneously trying to discredit me by throwing around "straw man", "mental illness" and now "hypocrisy"?
    I have done no such thing, and now, you aren't even attempting to refute any point made.

There is no greater means to show you have lost the argument then what you just did.
    Are you seriously denying you threw "straw man", "mental illness" and "hypocrisy/disingenuous" at me?
    Also, you ignored my point about Rogue One and Rebels respecting continuity, other than saying the movie was ****, which isn't an argument and also unrelated to the discussion.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Must you troll every thread you post in?! Anyway, I'm done with you.
    Proving your misuse of the term bait and switch isn't a troll, in fact, trolling would constitute using a phrase like that incorrectly, despite knowing it wrong, simply for the sake of it.

Basically.... what you do.

Nah. I tried to open a friendly dialogue, in which players can readily see how the the inevitable nerfs, after years of power creep, can be seen as a 'Bait & Switch', but one that's known upfront, and a necessary element in the purchase model of an MMO, and as such becomes an acceptable practice. But then you became hostile, and I lost interest. Especially since my side-observations was rather off-topic to begin with. So, no need, on my end, to belabor it any further.

It is bait and switch and anyone with half a brain knows that.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    No it isn't nike.

Yeah it is.... there will be more power creep introduced that we can pay for to make our characters great again. Just like Trump is making America great again.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    No it isn't nike.

Yeah it is.... there will be more power creep introduced that we can pay for to make our characters great again. Just like Trump is making America great again.

He is, for the upper 1%. Trying to bring back Reganamoics, or Voodoo Economics with trickle down. Didn't work the last time around and will utterly fail this time around, but that's another story for somewhere else.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    There are no existing sets from DS9, all sets are dismantled when a show ends.
    I was talking for when DS9 was in production. I was talking about, instead of getting TOS sets and costumes back and thus making the TOS look canon in DS9, using the existing DS9 costumes and sets to make the TOS episode, so it'd show the TOS Klingons were supposed to look like their TNG/DS9 counterparts with their TNG/DS9 attire as opposed to the mongols expies in cheap costumes of the 60s.

Same for, for example, a Constitution bridge: mix DS9 and TNG props to create what would have truly look like the TOS bridge with 90s, higher budget assets.

This way, this episode would have said: "look, that's what TOS was supposed to look like with a good budget and tech, from now on, we'll keep retconning its appearance to the current Star Trek show standards to drive the point".

Instead, they went with the "Well, Klingons, uniforms, props were always supposed to look like that and yep, it even surprises people 2 centuries into the future!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    "can I haz ur stuffz?" OMFG, just when I think that goofy comment can't get more obnoxious and rude it does, it wasn't wasn't funny or witty the first time someone said it, it wasn't clever the second time someone said it, and it doesn't improve the millionth time someone said it.

Its just gets more dull and annoying, it literally adds less then nothing to conversation, yet someone or several someones do it every time, you could set your watch by it.

And this isn't sour grapes talking because I've just spent time enjoying myself playing STO, the balance changes don't bother me, but someone repeating that annoying comment everything time someone has a complaint has gotten old and tiresome, it's not helpful.

And it's would want to make smart Alec comments at least put in a tiny bit of effort into being funny about it people (this isn't exclusively directed at the people who did it this time, but at everyone who has done it).

Thank you I finally have that off my chest, feel free to go back to discussing things as before.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    SOQFNtD.png

This has gotten so far off topic and degenerated into various unrelated arguments that I'm not even going to try and save this one.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.